Tuesday, July 2, 2013

transferred!



Hey Family!!!!
          Well I've got some news...... We were sitting at district meeting last Thursday and President Jergensen called. Elder Wright just kept looking at me and smiling. You know what he said.... I got transferred!!!! Ha I bet you were thinking that it was going to be my visa. Thats definitely what I was thinking. I guess an Elder had to go home to take care of some stuff so I had to hurry home and pack up all my things and head off to Iowa City, so here I am:) Its great here though! I am now just in a companionship. His name is Elder Schubert. Ha he is a way funny kid. He reminds me a lot of Colin Rounds. We are ready to go out and do some work!! The new apartment is sweet. It has a washer and dryer in it so now I dont have to pay 3 bucks for every load. We also have a lot more service over here in this area thank goodness. On Friday we went and did a service project for this group called "Habitat for Humanity" We were helping them build these houses. I couldn't believe that they just let people volunteer to help build a house. Ha good thing Brody White taught me a few things about working with wood. You can tell him that I did actually learn something from him:) So that was fun. And we met some volunteers at the service project that were interested in what we were doing. So they invited us over for dinner that night and we taught them. They both accepted baptism invites so hopefully they read and pray so we can meet with them again and soon get them in the water.
        
           Well the end of the transfer is coming up. Who knows if I will have to pack up again ha. I guess Brazil is pretty crazy right now, but dont worry, I am still way eager to get there. There is a sister over here in my zone that is waiting also, so maybe we will study a little bit together. It stinks that I dont get to see the other visa waiters in my district now. I guess that I am the farthest away now. But it is awesome. There is a lot of church history over here. I met some people that went to high school at Snake River. I pretty much already knew that they were from around there because they said my name right the first time ha. I cant believe how much of a struggle our last name is. So yea everything is going awesome. President and sister Jergensen are gone and now President and Sister Jensen are here. This Wednesday we have a zone conference to meet them and have them teach us a few things. I'm excited to meet them. Its crazy that I could have 4 mission presidents. i bet that there arent very many people that can say that. I'm glad everything is going great though. I guess Tylin is out in the field then right? Man Sam better start getting ready, Its going to come way fast. I think that Tanner Jones leaves this Wednesday too. The work is great though. I definitely think that I have learned a ton more about the gospel here in Iowa then i wouldv've in Brazil, so now I can start to focus more on the language. I love the gospel though. The joy of people accepting it is awesome. I love and miss you all a ton!!! take care this week. Love you!!! Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment