Monday, July 29, 2013

Found more investigators

Man oh man! 
Well this week was a fast one! I really couldn't believe that it was Sunday again yesterday! But we did our work and I feel tons better! No more sickness for me! I guess that there was a ton of missionaries that had dangue so it is definitely going around!  But no worries, I am cleared!!! 
Tuesday was just a normal day of going out! We were able to teach and be effective missionaries again! We were a little bit discouraged because we were trying to find new investigators to teach but no one was really listening to us! It was a bummer but we went home Tuesday and during planning I just stopped everything and was like-We are going to be friendly to everyone, even the creeps (well not to friendly to them) And whoever talks to us or makes a comment we are going to start speaking to them, Well Wednesday rolls around and we tried it........well lets just say that people stopped talking to us! HAHA I guess that is one way to keep the creeps away! Start sharing a gospel message! But we really had a lot of success! We found a few people who are potential! They invited us in and we shared with them so this week we will follow up with them and hopefully it is their time and we can get them to build a testimony. So funny story, Wednesday we went to an area that I know a little bit but I am not 100% with it, well anyways we are walking and trying to find this girl who was baptized in a different ward but just moved into our ward. Well we stop at this house and are asking for directions or a landmark because there aren't signs here so you go by what people say, anyways so we are talking to this girl and she is being very helpful so we start on with our spill of how we are missionaries and our purpose and what not, well I go to give her a pamphlet and she goes "Sister I already have one of those" So i was confused and just was like well can we come back and share with you what we know and whatever well she looks at me and goes "I am a member, I was baptized a long time ago" HAHA so i was a little bit embarrassed but We found an LA in our ward who I didn't know and it all worked out! I just had to laugh and realize that people are placed in our path for a reason! It was funny, Sister Livingston was like "what just happened" I was like Oh you know we just tried to OYM to a member haha!! Thursday we had to go to follow up training for Sister Livingston. She was excited to see her batch from the MTC and it really was interesting, President is so funny I just have to laugh, he is serious but a funny serious! We learned more of the fundamentals. That we need to constantly be focusing on the Spirit and how to teach thru it and not just saying a bunch of random things! That the spirit is the most powerful and without it we shouldn't be teaching! So it was a good reminder than this mission isn't about me! Not one bit and that I need to align my will with Heavenly Fathers and that is when I will have the most success! Everything happens for a reason that is something I have learned this week! To take opportunities every chance I get and even tho sometimes I feel so frustrated with the language I know that people will understand the spirit. Friday we did our weekly planning and went out! We met 2 new investigators!! BLESSINGS GD!!! Grabi we were so excited that what we set our minds to we found! And they both came to church which was also a blessing! I loved it! We had a really good day!  But we came home and again had no water pressure! It is something that I think will be super weird, to come home and have water readily available whenever I need it, But luckily it was pouring rain outside so we set a bucket under the drain pipe and showered outside in our clothes and bonus, we scrubbed our clothes while we were wearing them, so 2 birds with one stone!! I didn't feel crazy clean but it was better than nothing! It was Sister Vargus 6 months in the mission mark so of course we had to celebrate, we celebrate the dumbest things but it keeps things interesting. But really this week was not to bad! We had 3 kids who were scheduled to be baptized on Aug 3 but they didnt show up to church and on top of that they missed their interview. So we will reschedule it gives us time to make sure they are really ready! Church was awesome, We call sundays "Judgement Day" and from what we had we were judged quiet fairly for the work that we put in!! We were excited! It really was a good week! Nothing crazy exciting but It was bomb! I love you all! This church is true! Continue forward and look for the little blessings, that is what keeps you going!! I love missionary work! Super different and hard but I love it!! I know that you all are doing awesome but I still miss you! Be good and be safe!! MMUUAAH
Palangga ko kamo!!!! Halong
Sister Sarah Polatis

air-conditioned tricycle ride!!


My little convert--made rings with POLATIS & ARNOLD SO SHE WILL NEVER FORGET HER MISSIONARIES


after church

celebrating a sister being out for 6 months--always a PARTY!!

NO WATER!!  Washing with rain water!!

my little John- the bishop's son


No comments:

Post a Comment