Monday, July 15, 2013

Visa maybe next time

Como Vai Familia???
     Ha yea so even though that introduction is in portuguese I am still in Iowa! The call from President came on saturday and he said that it was not here. Two kids from my mtc district finally got theirs so they are out of here today. Also there was this girl that just got here that got hers to go to Brazil. Sheesh those visas are so stupid. There are still 8 of us here in Iowa though waiting for our visas so its not like I'm the only one. Even though i am the farthest one away because of that transfer a couple weeks ago. I guess it is kind of nice that I already dont have to pack up again. My companion is getting transferred though. It stinks that we only got to be companions for like 3 weeks. He is a good Elder. So I will now be getting another companion. I will now have 6 companions in 4 months. Ha I dont think that happens very often.
           Everything is going great though. We have 3 baptisms coming up in a couple of weeks so i'm not too bummed out about not getting my visa again. We also found 5 new investigators this week which was sweet. We were just looking through the area book one night and decided that we should go check on some former investigators. So we went to this one's house and he wasnt home, so we decided to go knock on the house right next door. This lady answers and is like Mormons!! I mean Elders, come on in.. It was sweet!! Haha I think that is the first time I have ever gotten that reaction on a door apoach. I guess she had met with them before but she doesnt really know who her savior is very well. So we got her husband and her daughter in there and taught them some things about Jesus Christ. I guess there are still 2 other boys too so Its a good family. Her husband as autism and also one of her boys though. Ha and she was not the most normal either. I guess she talks to spirits some times or something like that. As I was walking out, she gave me like a reading of my life hahaha. She asked if one of us writes a record of our life, and I was like, I write in my journal. Ha then she was like well make sure and keep writing because some one is going to read it and can really relate to you or something like that. Ha yea so that it kind of what is our hands. Hopefully she can recognize the real spirit when we come in and teach them. Then the stake presidents daughter got us an appointment with this kid that she likes or something. He is 18 and was raised methodist, but he said that he has always thought of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as separate beings, so he was really open to what we said. He is already in the book of Ether!! And now he is going to be baptized on the 17th of August:)
          Yea the work is going good with Elder Schubert and I. The rest of the zone over here in Iowa City is kind of stuggling. Oh yea and we had 4 investigators at church last Sunday which was GREAT!  The corn over here is getting tall which is starting to make it pretty humid!
             Well I get my new companion this Thursday so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully he likes basketball. The bishop and a couple of other members wake up pretty early and we go play at the church on monday and wednesday mornings. But everything sounds like its going great at home. I bet the crop is looking great and everything. Soon school will be started again which is crazy. Tell Maddy to just take over that team or else Jaron and I will be the only state champions in the family ha JK!! Love you All!!!! Love Elder Polatis
my District!!

No comments:

Post a Comment