Tuesday, June 25, 2013

TRAINING---I'm barely trained myself!!

Subject: NAGATRAIN AKO!!!---
OH MY WORD!! What a shock it was to me! I thought for sure follow-up trainer or something but sheesh, President must trust me! Jokes! But Yes, it is true, I am training! Still in Bacolod 5th ward,. but I love it! Hopefully the work will still progress. But  Her name is Sister Livingston, she is from California and she is 19!  She is pretty excited to be here but like us all, culture shock like crazy! Ha well It is weird! I had to step up really fast! Well I will start out with the week,
Monday, We had our P-day and We ran into the AP's, they had just gotten out of a meeting with President. They were all smiles but of course would never tell us what was decided. After they left real fast they were like "Sister Polatis, how is your language?" Of course I was like, well its alright but I definitely am not fluent and they were smiling and like "I bet you are great, dont even worry it will come." So immediately I was like Ok, this is good I am follow up training someone! And we worried about it the whole night. Transfers are the worst because especially with me and Sister Arnold we let our minds wander and it was getting worse and worse haha ! But we finished out our day strong shopping for new shoes because  of course, mine have holes. I go through the dumb things so fast but they are nice because they can get wet and dry super fast!
Tuesday: We had our District meeting and then the Sisters that we live with wanted to do lunch just in case we were transferred or whatever so we went out and then went out to teach. We followed up with most of our Recent Converts just to make sure that they knew we had the possibility of  leaving  and that they need to continue. It was a day filled with alot of pamahaw:) (snacks) Everyone was buying us drinks and bread haha so it was alright! But we felt good about it all. Most of them were sad but we know that they have strong testimonies, they will be just fine. We got the call and I was so nervous! I couldnt even sleep on Tuesday, me, not sleep, that was unusual. 
Wednesday, We met at Galo, that is the church where everyone meets who is being transferred. I was assigned 2 temporary companions, Sister Galang and Sister Libria (both philipino) for the day because we wouldnt meet our new companions until thursday! But saying good-bye to Sister Arnold was super hard! We both got super teary and all the elders were kind of giving us crap, but we seriously loved our companionship. We would have stayed together for the rest of Sister A's time if we could. But all is well. I know that this is what was supposed to happen. But I got with the 2 sisters and we came back and worked in my area. They were funny, at first I felt super weird, i was definitely the 3rd wheel but we opened up and just chilled with each other, it was fun! 
Thursday: We met back up at Galo and had a training from President and Sister Lopez as well as the AP's. Just about how important our calling is and how we need to be the best example. We met our new missionaries and that was it, had a photo shoot and left for our area. We came back and studied. I had no food so we went out shopping, I knew exactly how she felt. Poor thing ha the grocery store so different and not knowing what to get at all. We were told not to baby them and to just shop like it was normal, well she wasnt picking anything  so finally I just was like, today we will buy our groceries together and maybe you will find something you like. She was like "few, thanks" haha but it was overwhelming. We came back and just had enough time for her to go and become a little familiar with our area. We met a few members and they were all so shocked I was training. I felt like a pro with language, haha She is cool tho, really excited to be here but I think like us all she didnt really know what to expect living in the Philippines. But overtime she will be fine. 
Friday, I felt super overwhelmed. We did our weekly planning and it was weird, I had done it before but to realize that it was me, everything was up to me. I had to make all the decisions. It took us forever but we got through it and hopefully it will help  this week be a little bit easier. We have so many people to find and contact and that really isnt my strong point with the language. So for language study I learned like basic phrases, or tried to learn them so that I was some what familiar. We went out and worked, She kept saying "I cant believe how hot it is"." We taught a few lessons and it started out really rough, I had to rely on me, she would bear her testimony but that was it.  It was interesting. I need to practice teaching more and make sure I know questions that I want to ask  and ways to simply explain topics. Needless to say I was very humbled. People were all really nice in helping me speak and giving me feedback but really I am scared out of my pants. I didnt want her to know that tho. I had to act as super confident and really in turn that helped me more than I thought it would. We taught our investigator Pricilla, She was super willing and believes that it is true but She didnt come to church on sunday:( So we have to go back and find our what kept her from attending. I like her tho, she wants her whole family to listen....BONUS
Saturday: We didnt have a baptism today, next week hopefully! Our candidate didnt come to church for 2 weeks so that means that she has to start all over, i was so bummed. We did set up an appointment with the secondary education program, for those that dropped out of high school or want their GED type thing, well a member of our ward is the teacher and part of the course is learning about Religion so he invited us to come every saturday and teach. We got 3 referrals from it and are stoked. We passed out so many pamphlets and some libros and one of the students even came to church. So we will contact him outside of his class sometime this week. 
Sunday: I spoke again in Sacrament. I always get so nervous and I dont know why. But both Sister Livingston and I spoke. It wasnt to bad. We are still trying to figure out what works best and we so far have gotten along pretty good, she is just so young sometimes in her thoughts and things that she says. But being here she will probably grow up real fast. But so far so good. I feel the stress but know that I will be alright as long as I rely on the Lord and know that this is what I am supposed to be doing. Everyone keeps saying that my language will sky rocket from here, so TANi!! It better! I am praying for that. We have zone conference on wednesday. So I am sure president will post some pictures, mom tag me in them on Facebook so that people can see what I am doing.We are both so excited. I love it. As nervous as I am I have to keep telling myself that I can do this. That it is all possible. I love reading Abby and Tates letters. I love that we are doing this together. BOMB! But keep praying for me and the work will continue even tho we are both pretty new! I love you all and hope the reunion was a blast! Next year make it in july so that I can come to it! It gets closer to the big wedding LOU--are you ready?? I am stoked to see it all come together! Thanks to everyone for the letters and the prayers! I love you all and miss you! What a crazy uncomfortable change this has been but that is what I needed I guess, something different. I know that through these experiences is where I will grow the most. I know that summers are busy and full of activities, be safe. Tell everyone HI for me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!! MMUUAAH!!
Sister Sarah P
my old district

me, Elder May, MTC elder, and sister Arnold

Goodbye Sister Arnold!!

Hello Sister Livingston!!

All trainers with their "Greenies"


No comments:

Post a Comment