Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Work is progressing along!

Well another wonderful week has passed, honestly it went super fast!! But it was a lot of work and stress. But seriously I LOVED IT!!!!! I truly have gained so much confidence in myself just in this past week it is crazy that something so scary is what changes people. I started out thinking I couldn't do this, but those thoughts slowly have gone away and turned into, YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!!! So that is my take on the next couple weeks as I try to figure out more of what needs to be done in our area!  
 First, Monday we went out after an awesome P-day! We have been with our housemates a lot more and we love it. They are cute and funny and we find ourselves doing filipina things and Sister Vargus is slowly catching on the American Phrases haha I always say "Bomb" or thats bomb and now she says it all the time! It is the funniest thing ever! We went out to contact but no one was home, we taught one, she has been an investigator for about 7 months now and just wont progress, we have taught her everything but she just needs to come to church what is holding them back is getting married. Here in the Philippines you need paperwork and it gets a little pricey, Well her live-in I guess asks why they need it he said "Did Adam and Eve need to get paperwork" haha super funny but that is what is holding her back, we might not focus on her anymore, just random visits will be fine.
Tuesday: The ward missionaries came with us and we killed it! Seriously we were talking to everyone we came in contact with. It was nice because it seemed like people were home and I understand what is going on but sometimes not directly so the ward missionaries were the buffer in helping us answer the questions. We taught a lot of investigators and it was good to get Sister Livingston into mission life finally without people punting us all the time. She was pretty tired after the day but we were both excited about the fact we taught so much. I was more excited that people could semi understand what I was saying!! WAHOO!!! We found this 16 year old boy, Paulo. He just helped us find a house and after we were walking away he asked if we would come and talk to him! So we taught him right there and he was super interested in Finding out how to come closer to Jesus Christ. Hopefully he continues to move forward. He is cool. We went home and I was feeling pretty experienced as I had to explain the process of washing clothes. It is weird, I haven't been here that long but we are soon going to be considered the old ones in the mission.
Wednesday: We had zone conference. I LOVED IT! We watched the World Wide leadership training. It is crazy how much they focused on the ward really doing everything. That it is up to the ward to find and the missionaries to teach! We learned how to work with the ward more effectively and here even tho is is different it will be nice to implement these procedures and hopefully find more referrals from members. President gave us a statistic that 1:8 good member referrals gets baptized but 1:260 gets baptized when it is through our own efforts! Crazy huh, we are going to focus on our relationship with the ward and hopefully they see how much we need them!! But it is always fun to get with the missionaries and to hear how everyone is doing! President also expressed his love and appreciation for all of our families. He says he knows how hard it is to be a missionary parent and he loves all the support and prayers that come from our families. So thanks for always being a good support. Really I couldn't do it without you!! I loved Zone Conference!!! 
Thursday: We had to hit it hard because we missed yesterday, but we  were able to contact an investigator who was interested but works alot. He had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon and why  we don't just use the Bible, I am bomb at explaining it in English but my lack of  Ilonggo terms made it difficult but at the end he committed to go to church, so Sunday will be be the big deciding factor if he understood me or not haha I have just learned to laugh A LOT!! I always feel like I am speaking so good, but then I get this awkward stare, it is becoming a favorite of mine hahaha so i try to rephrase for something that sounds better!! We found a husband and wife who were sitting outside and we asked if we could share, they are super religious but agreed and they were excited that we stopped. I loved it! I know that this is Heavenly Fathers work and that even tho i am scared or nervous as long as I continue to go forward he will provide a way for me to accomplish my tasks!  FAITH, always easier said than done! Thats for sure!
 Friday: We had weekly planning. We are excited. Hopefully some of the things we planned will help us find!!! That is our focus! The ward missionaries couldn't come with us today so it was all me!! HAHA well it was horrible. It was raining and  everyone kept saying "sakot sisters, come back later." Like we are busy, I was pretty discouraged but we went back to the church to re-group. We prayed and headed back out. We ended up running into the family that we needed to teach that wasn't home, that was nice. We also ran into a member who wants us to teach her family!!! YAY!! Blessings!!! I had learned earlier in my personal study about diligence and dedication.  Even when you are tired and frustrated, your efforts will pay off and you will be able to find people if you are willing to put in the work!
Saturday: Well it rained again and I know that I am in the Philippines but seriously, I think I despise the rain, I would rather work in heat than rain. We had a lot of success today. Last week we taught gospel to that class...if you remember and we got a referral from it. Well he wouldn't ever text us back so that we could meet with him, his name is John well poor guy, he just cant hide from us. We saw him at the church and we taught him!! He acted like I spoke horrible but in the end told me I was good for not being here that long. He is 23!! I was excited we saw him. But today the rain was a blessing, it is weird some days it is bomb, others not so much. But we taught  about all our investigators and I was feeling so good. Everyone said they were coming to church and I loved it. I felt accomplished for the day!!
Then Sundays, man Sundays!! Bummer day, out of 7 who promised us, we had  2!!! But on the positive side they are 2 that we feel the best about! But we have to think of ways to get people to church!! They listen and keep commitments but it is church that is the hardest!! It was a good day, Sister Livingston had a super hard day but sometimes Sundays are like that I always just feel for her because not that long ago that was me. Sometimes still they are hard for me it is how we grow But, we did our studies and prepared for today!! We made brownies and we love having housemates!! They are the coolest and we all just need each other I think! But as nervous as I am and all that I know that I just have to do it. Continue trying. I can do it. Even tho we had some really good experiences I still am nervous about fulfilling the vision. I will do all that I can. We have some baptisms coming up and we are just praying that the people continue to progress and know that this is RIGHT!! I love it. It is hard right now but I know that it is for my good. I will be alright. Sister Livingston and I get along super good. So that makes it easy. All the time she is like "sister I need you to translate for me" I always reply, I will do my best but most of the time I am trying to figure out what they are saying haha! The smile and Nod!! HAHA i love it!! 
 I miss you all! I love you all and  seriously am glad for all that you do! Keep being safe!! I will continue to work hard, and hopefully take more pictures, I am horrible!! But have a great summer,  I will pray that some of the rain will get sent your way!! MMUUAAHH!!!!
LOVE SISTER POLATIS

No comments:

Post a Comment