Monday, July 15, 2013

Time is going crazy fast!!

Subject: KAMUSTA!!!!
 I cant believe that a months has already passed! I have been with Sister Livingston for about a month! Seems like just yesterday I got the call I was training!! Not too bad!  Abby--- PLEASE---I deal with like 20 a day! And they FLY!!! They are so huge and lets just say it gets a little loud in our apartment when we try to kill them and they are flying! Actually tho, this week I have seen a lot more RATS then usual, as we were teaching last week I looked down and thought it was a cat by my foot but NOPE a huge nasty rat, I tried to stay composed but inside I was wanting to barf and scream! HAHA nasty huh!!

Well what an awesome week! Everything that we did paid off! Well almost everything! Monday we were able to get our water turned back on so that was nice, I spent a really long time getting all my clothes washed!-. But This week was work work work! Holy cow, I decided that I need to just crack down and start talking to everyone that I see! On Tuesday we were able to come in contact with a mom of one of the girls that we were teaching, she was just sitting outside so we invited her in and she actually listened, she even told us we could come back, so that made it a lot better, We are trying to find new investigators like crazy! 
Wednesday: Well I was so nervous for this day! Sister Lopez ( Our Mission Presidents' wife)  said that she was going to come with us and I was nervous not only for my language skills but for my teaching skills as well. But it actually went really really good! The people that we planned on seeing were home and our lessons went smooth, well the first one was a little bit rough but the ones after that were AWESOME! We stopped by this less active house. The Husband is active and so are some of the daughters but the mom is an RM and she stopped coming. Well we didnt even plan to see her I just had this feeling that we should stop. So we stopped by. I had no idea what we were even going to teach her. So I whispered to Sister Livingston to find a scripture while I made small talk with the family, haha that is really all I can do is awkward small talk:) Anyways so she picked the scripture Alma 56:47-48! It was about the stripling warriors and how they were strong! They had strong examples from their moms! AHHH, the spirit was so strong. We asked her what she wanted for her daughters and that leading by example would be the best thing she could do for them. Sister Lopez Testified about the importance of being a good example. We extended the commitment for her to go back to church! I dont know if she will, but my testimony was strengthened by that little 20 minute lesson. I have always had the best examples to look to and I think that sometimes I took that for granted!! So Dad and Mom, thank you so much!!! I appreciate it! I know that the spirit was in that lesson. I was touched and really I think all of us were about in tears!! AWESOME!!!! After we asked Sister Lopez what she thought we could improve on and really she just told us our strengths so that was nice!! She said to just continue on our language study and that it will come!! But we had a really good time! She gave us a lot of insights!!
Thursday: We OYM'd to this lady on the street I just started talking to her, well she was holding the cutest baby! So I took that as my way into the conversation. Well apparently it was the babies time to eat haha We are standing on the busiest street in our area, with her 16 year old son and she starts breastfeeding HAHA now I am all for breastfeeding I guess life is just different here! Anyways, point of the story:) I start talking to her and ask if we can do anything to help, then I start with how the gospel blesses families and how she can be with her family forever! I get done speaking and I am feeling so confident with all the things that I just said and how I said them, (I felt like it was perfect Ilonggo haha) But she looks at me all confused and goes "Ano??" That means "What?"" Ahh I wanted to die!! So I just started laughing and started over!! HAHA there was no way I was feeling so good about speaking and walking away without her understanding!! HAHA poor lady she was probably like shut up random American girl, but I was going to prove to her that I do know what I am talking about and that I can speak this language!! She accepted a pamphlet
 and a return appointment so it must have worked:) :)
Friday we had a bomb weekly planning!! There are so many talented people in our ward so we decided that maybe one thing we can do is a ward choir so that we dont always have to do a congregational hymn! The ones who came to the meeting seemed really excited so we hopefully will start that on Sunday! I am excited. We hope that getting out there we will be able to find more people who are waiting for us. We will start our church tours this week. We will do our best to just invite everyone in!!! Maybe that will be what sparks their attention!
Saturday: We taught a boy Marjoe. He is 12 and so cute!! I couldn't believe how open I was with him. I guess that I just decided that we were probably on the same language level and I just went for it! My personality is coming out and it is so nice! Before I was always a little hesitant because I never could express myself so I would hold back but this week that changed. A lot changed that was just what I noticed the most! We have new ward missionaries that come with us. They really are awesome. They bear good testimony and really let the people that we are teaching know that this is the true church. I was grateful for them this week. We are teaching an Investigator who is Tagalog speaking so they were able to help with that!! 
Sunday: BLESSINGS on SUNDAY!! This was a day that I left the church feeling somewhat accomplished. I had to teach R.S and it was a last minute thing but I just taught what my personal study had been on Saturday. It was short but I didn't feel horrible about it. I know that as a missionary that is my job her, to teach! So if I am asked just do what I can here to do and know that the spirit will be with me if it is the right direction. Sister Livingston and I also spoke in church. I spoke on the importance of prayer. The other girl who spoke just pointed out that I always speak on the little things hahaha like reading, praying, church, faith! I guess that is my trademark. I know that doing the little things leads to big things! Our little actions will soon become habits and the basics are the best things to become habits!! I love it! If I could only stress one this my whole mission it would be to do the little things! Plus it made me smile to know that people actually listen to my little talks haha We had a good investigator attendance as well as recent convert attendance. It wasn't everyone we wanted but we were happy with the ones who did show up!! We had a baptism interview for brother Ray today! He Passed! He is a smart guy and he is ready! He will be baptized on Saturday! FINALLY! It has been to long since we had a baptism!! But hopefully over the next few weeks we keep helping people see that this is the right thing. I loved this week! I finally feel a little bit more confident in knowing that I can do this! That the language will come but only if I try!! I know that this is the only true church! Joseph Smith did restore this gospel and I know that we have the true priesthood!! I was reading President Monsons talk in the Priesthood session, Man all about missionary work and having purpose in this life. I was so intrigued because it applied to me!! I didn't even notice that I was crying until the pages were wet. The spirit is definitely working with me. Helping me change little by little to become what Heavenly Father wants and needs me to be! I have also learned that it isn't about me! Nothing here is!! I have to align my will with Heavenly Fathers and that is how success will be made!! I love you all! Keep up the good work. I miss you everyday but I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing!! MMUUAAH!!! Be good and Be safe!!!! Until Next week!!! 
Love Sister Sarah Polatis!! (I put Sarah because sometimes I miss my first name) HAHA yes I think I am a weirdo now!!:)
Be tracting with my ward mission member

Sippin' Fanta

Sister Livingston and ME

Matchy Matchy--didn't even plan it!

Our Baptism this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment