Tuesday, July 2, 2013

rest of letter!!

 As a branch we have ultimate frisbee every friday night for 2 hours.. It is so gross we are like drenched in sweat after because it is so humid and hot.. I am getting pretty good though... I am not getting picked last anymore ha so it is quite the accomplishment... ( romanians kind of think that girls can't play sports.. they say that it is not "pretty" ha but then they see it is an asset to have a 5-8 girl who can catch on their team! ha so that was super fun! 
      All of us missionaries we able to go to the countryside this week.. it was so much fun! They needed some help on their little farm and then they wanted us to come and give the spiritual message.. so we get out there and it is so funny--- grandma rounds would live here if she lived in Romania.. they have the outhouse and everything! They have ducks and geese and chickens.. all sorts of garden stuff.. laundry line going right through the middle of everything and then it is fenced in! ha so funny.. it was a lot of fun.. one million degrees that day.. hence why my hair is in a pony tail... ha the maxi taxi thing we had to take our there does not have AC.. rough.. ha:) I love Romania...  so that was so fun.. and on our way out it was so pretty there are fields and fields of sunflowers! so cool! 
    The Work of Salvation broadcast was so cool!! I watched it in English and then as a branch we watched in on Sunday in Romanian! It was so so so cool! ha I mean I think that Romania will not be implementing some of those new changes for a while.. but I am so happy for the rest of the world.. it is going to be so funny when I tell my kids about me on a mission.. they will be like "wait... you had to go tracking.. and knock on peoples doors?" ha We kind of make a joke that us and hungry and Bulgaria are kind of like the cute chubby kids at the starting line not really sure what they are doing hahaha but I have faith that Romania is going to BOOM one day.. the people here are really amazing.. their traditions are just a little rough... but that broadcast was amazing.. I am so excited to be a member missionary for life.. it is so so so cool! ya for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!! wahoo!!! :)  
speaking of that so I am reading the Book of Mormon and it was really cool this week because on like monday I was reading Jacob 5 ... so cool in 21 when the servant is asking the master "How comest thou hither to plant this tree, or this branch of the tree? For behold it was the poorest spot in all the land of thy vineyard? and in 22 the Lord says, "counsel me not: I knew that it was a poor spot of ground; wherefore, I said unto thee, I have nourished it this long time and thou beholdest that it hath brought forth much fruit!" Sora Rivera and I were talking about it for companion ship study how sometimes we are like... why Romania? why were we sent here... we could be doing so much more good in different countries.. or where we could actually speak the language? but in this scripture it is so clear.. Heavenly Father knows exactly what he is doing.. Romanian right now could be considered a "poor spot" but missionaries are needed here.. to nourish those GREAT fruits that have been found and our being found at this time! it is so amazing! Gods thoughts are truly higher than our own.. He sees the bigger picture-- He knows that I can and will make a difference in this country! I am so blessed to be here! If I could have picked which mission I wanted to go to.. I would 100% pick this mission! 
      Speaking of fruits.. we took a little bit a rough hit this week.. We were working with this girl who is 17 and she was super super interested in the church.. her baptism was set for this saturday.. well we tried to meet with her and she kept bunging us... finally I got a hold of her on the phone and she was just like "I dont think I want to meet anymore.. I dont want to change my religion... sorry..."  I just sighed on the phone.. I mean I for sure understood her.. she was speaking perfect english... so a little rough but I think that one day she will come back to church and find that it was exactly what she needs in her life! We are working with some cool other people so we will see how things go!! 
   O ya and another thing! we are going to be giving another presentation this week .. I guess they really like our last one so this one this week will be for 2 zones.. both Buc zones and then President and Sora Hill will be at this too.. we called President Hill and He said he would let us dress him up in the "Armor of English contacting!" I am sending a picture of me in it.. so so funny!! we are so excited.. we leave to buc tomorrow night and get back wednesday night! 
    This week has been great! I love being a missionary so much! best decision of my life! You guys are such a great support system!  Have a great week!! I love you all!!:) This church is true! 
 I love you!! 
Love Sora Abby Polatis! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment