Monday, July 22, 2013

Got the "FEVER"

Well Kamusta Family!!!! 
Well this week was really good! We finally broke our streak of having no baptisms and hopefully we can continue fulfilling our mission vision! But We had a really good day on Tuesday of getting out and getting lessons taught. We had a lot of people to see and we wanted to make sure that they knew we are still worried about them. We have a decent amount of investigators that we are teaching so we are trying to balance them all out! We like it because we always have a back up plan. I started feeling super hot at District meeting but was quickly informed that it is flu season and to get a blessing and go home and rest. Well I got a blessing but we had a busy day so we went out instead hahah whoops that was probably my bad. I woke up on Wednesday super hot so I was advised to stay in! So we did! I think I was awake for 3 hours total! I had to wake up to go to the baptism of the 8 year boy in our ward! We didnt teach him but as missionaries they needed us to plan the program and play the piano and stuff so It wasnt too horrible. He was cute and really excited to be baptized. Thursday I was still having a fever but we had some set appointments and I hate being that person and especially as a missionary who says I will be somewhere but then doesnt go. So we went out! I took a wet wash cloth and a water and we taught short powerful lessons. HAHA Heavenly Father really did bless me. I was able to speak in Hiligaynon and be understood. For not doing my language study I was blessed. I know that it really is in the hard times that Heavenly Father has your back. He has never left us alone ever so why because we are sick or something would he chose to leave us now. I was feeling better and I did what was needed to get better so Friday we went out. I was so happy to get out of our apartment and it was amazing, all the people we needed to see were home. We taught almost all of our investigators and were able to come in contact with more who are interested....BLESSINGS!!! We had an investigator who is 12 come to church last Sunday and he is the cutest thing in the whole entire world, But I guess that someone at church told him that his shoes were law-ay (ugly) So we was feeling pretty bad. But he was a referral from one of our members and she told us that he was shy and not sure if he should go back to church so We explained to him that sometimes people say mean things but Jesus doesnt really care what your shoes look like, he only cares that you are coming to church to learn about him and to grow closer to him. But he came again yesterday and he had on brand new shoes. He was so cute! We were so excited and just all around happy that the comment that was made didnt affect him to where he stopped going! He is so smart and ready to continue! I love it! Saturday we had the Baptism of Brother Ray! So funny story about it, He got in the font and was all baptized and everything, The people who baptized him got out of the font, well all the sudden I look up into the mirror and see ray do this dive thing back into the water and like swim around. I was dying of laughter, trying to maintain my composure but it was so funny I had never seen it before. Well he gets his clothes changed and comes back to the room all smiley and what not and he looks at me and in english goes "I like to swim" HAHAHA super funny! Made my day! Every time I need a laugh I think about it! So besides the rash and the fever this week really wasnt that bad! We had a really good investigator turn out on Sunday! Our Investigator Jaime came and He gets more and more excited about it all the time! I love this gospel tho! All in my studies I think of ways that I want to improve my life. Whether it is now or later! It is weird to find out what exactly you want and really everything that you need to do to become closer to Jesus Christ. Every single day I learn more about myself and the biggest thing was that I cant be too serious. It just isnt me! I love laughing and especially while I learn this language. A couple members were helping me remember some Non-gospel words but they laughed at me the whole time because they said I was speaking "Slang" Meaning that My accent is horrible haha! Still a tad white speaking haha I love it tho! Always a challenge but that is when I know that I am growing!!! I love you all! It sounds like you are doing fantastic and just having reunions and parties left and right! Tate and Abby both sound good to! I cant believe Tate's visa didnt come! That means someone is either waiting for him in Iowa or the people of Brazil arent ready for him! HAHA I know that he will go when the time is right!! But once again, Be good and be Safe! I swear that is like my trademark saying!! Keep going strong and enjoying the summer! It really is going fast!  I love you all and really am so Thankful to be part of the BEST FAMILY EVER!! Thanks for the prayers!!!! MMUUAAH
Sister S. Polatis

New little member

sunglasses to hide my "fever"

Juice to help me get better;)

My Baptism "Ray"


No comments:

Post a Comment