Monday, July 29, 2013

Found 4 new investigators!!! YEAH!

Oi minha Familia!!
         Well we have had a pretty great week!!! The Lord is really blessing us with some people to teach. We have had a few members that are getting fired up to do missionary work. I think we found 4 new investigators this week. Right now we have a baptism set for every week of august so its definitely exciting. The family that we have been teaching didnt show up to church for some reason. I am pretty frustrated with that. So we are going to go chew them out tonight;) ha naahhh we'll just love them into the gospel. But if we could get them set on a baptismal date, then we would have about 9 dates set at the moment!!
        So this last weekend was "Called to Serve" Its where all of the young men and women come out on these little mini missions with us for a weekend. Elder Winchester and I got 3 of these little guys ha. And it turned out that we didnt have very many appointments set up for that weekend.... So we all know what that means... yes finding!!:) Ha one of them came with me while the other 2 went with Elder Winchester. We covered a lot of area thats for sure. It was great though. My little mini got to do a few door approaches and would just freeze and look at me.... hahaha oh man it was hilarious. He started to get the hang of it though. We knocked into this one guy and he told us to come one in and get some dinner. I was like, oh crap this is a member that I havent met yet. So I asked him if he knew about the mormons and he was like of course!! Come to find out that he knows us from the Book of Mormon play. Gosh that stupid thing! His wife was in the background singing some songs from it. I think that the play is spreading the word though. So I taught him about the Book of Mormon a little bit and he said that he wanted to read it so I gave him one, and i slipped a restoration pamphlet in there just in case;) So that was interesting. But we found about 4 potentials that told us to come back, so this week we are going to go and see them all. Elder Winchester and his group also found a few, so the little mini's did some good things for us. We did have a few lessons with them. We set up some lessons with the members which was perfect because we have been needing to talk with the members a lot more. So we did that, and my mini missionary and I had a spiritual lesson about the Book of Mormon with a family. He was so excited about missionary work. He actually went on a foreign exchange to chili also, so he knew some spanish too. So we talked some portspanish together.
         So are there missionaries in our ward right now? Like the way we work with members and stuff I dont ever remember our missionaries getting to involved or anything. So make sure that if there are that you are putting them to work!! This saturday we are baptizing this guy named Mitch at 1:30 and then he is getting married at 4 so its going to be a big day for him. Oh and also... I got a ride to the Nauvoo Pageant!!!:) I'm so excited. We are going Friday and I guess this member (who loves the missionaries) was planning on taking this non member to it. But I guess she told this nonmember that we needed a ride and the nonmember offered to take us. So pretty much we are going to have 2 new investigators ha because that is an hour and half down there and we could teach them everything. So yea I'll take some pictures and stuff. I have heard that it is way cool!! I'll let ya know how it goes.
         But I'm glad everything is going great, thanks for everything. Miss you!!! Love you all a ton!!! Love Elder Polatis


Iowa Corn!!!  TALL

my Mini-me
,
all the little missionaries--some look way excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment