Monday, July 8, 2013

maybe visa this week;)


Hiiii Family!!!
        In Iowa City it actually hasnt been raining much, but yes back in west Des Moines it poured everyday. I would be out in the rain for like 10 seconds and I would be drenched. So yea it is definitely way green over here its great. Now that I am in Iowa City I am close to the Nauvoo Temple too:) So if I dont get my visa this saturday, Then I think Elder Schubert and I are going to go the Nauvoo Pageant with an investigator!! That will be awesome if I get to do that. I have never been to one of those pageant things. But yes another good thing about still being in the states is that we get to celebrate the 4th of July:) It was a great day. We have 3 Hermanas in our district and then the senior couple and Elder Schubert and I. Elder Savage (The senior couple) called us and wanted us to go out to this tiny town called Belle Plain Iowa. It was about an hour away. But I guess it was our church's turn to work at the concession thing so we all traveled over there to work in the concession place and meet people. It reminded me ALOT of Menan Days because there was a soft ball tournament and a basketball tournament and just all these stands set up everywhere. I was tempted to get Elder Savage and Schubert to go and enter in the 3 on 3 tournament but I dont think we would've survived the heat in our church clothes. It was way fun though. We did teach this one guy there whose wife was a member but he just didnt see the need for it. So we sat him down and had a good discussion on what would be holding him back from reading the BOM. By the end of our discussion we got a committment out of him to read and pray about it. I'm not sure if he has yet because he lives so far away, but Elder Savage will have to check on him. Ha I also gave a bunch of mormon.org cards to all these kids. Who knows, maybe they will give us a call.
         We also got to meet our new mission president this week, President Jensen. He seems like a great guy. I saw sister Hill at that Zone conference (Austin shippens cousin) She seemed to be doing great. Was austin and those guys in that tournament? I'm sure they were. That 4th of July tournament was always really fun. But Elder Schubert and I set a couple baptism dates this week. We met with this guy named Mandakh. He is from Mongolia and can NOT speak English haha. But The Lord has blessed us with sending a sister from temple square that can speak Mongolian so we teach and she translates:) Its a little different, and I just want to have a conversation with him. but they way he acted when we were teaching him told us that he accepted what we were saying. He has came to church quite a bit now, so we will keep getting him to progress. We also set a date with this guy named Mitch. His girlfriend is a member and I guess missionaries worked with him in the past so he actually texted us and asked if we could meet with him so that was easy haha. He has been coming to church also. Pretty much now we are just looking through the area book and going after a lot of formers. We met one former and set up a return appointment. I think he was shocked because it had been like a year since his last contact with missionaries.
         This saturday is transfer calls though! So its the big day to see if I'm getting on a plane or not. If not I wont be too bummed. Everyone here is pretty excited about the work. We have a lot of young couples in our ward who said they are going to find people for us to teach so the work should move right along.. Well if I do get my visa I will probably be calling you next monday or something so be ready:) Everything sounds great. I miss you all soo much. Love YOU!! Love Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment