Monday, July 22, 2013

Loving my new Comp!

Hi Family!!!
           I'm going to call my investigator this week and set up a time to go to the pageant because it gets over August 3rd and this will be my only chance. Ha he is getting baptized on the 3rd also,and guess what else... Hes getting married that same night!! That would be crazy. He said that his girlfriend wont push it back for some reason, so i guess the bishop is going to marry them right after he is baptized. He is a cool guy though. He comes to church every week and stays the whole time, and he seems pretty excited to follow his savior.
        Yep I got my new companion. His name is Elder Winchester from Morgan Utah. He actually just got done being a zone leader for a long time so now he is just finishing up his mission here. He acutally has already served here too, so a lot of members already know him better than they know me. He's a good missionary and I got lucky again, because he likes to play ball too! We have about 10 people we are working with right now,and the Bishop says that he wants a member at every lesson. Ha that is kind of asking a lot because the members dont really like getting involved. That will change though. We had to push the Mongolian guy's date back a couple of weeks because he said that he wanted to know more about what they were talking about at church. Ha I dont blame him at all. We had the mongolian sister come to our ward and translate all 3 hours for him. Ha he said that he wanted me to baptized him, so I told him that I would do it in Mongolian:) so now I am trying to get this baptismal prayer memorized in mongolian haha. It is such a different language. Sister Moldigali said that I sounded pretty good when I recited it to her so we will see. I hope that he doesnt feel like the missionaries have to baptize him because he could have his brother in law do it. I'll have to make sure this week that he knows that anybody can do it because a member who is his sister in-law feels that he didnt understand that anybody could do it.  So we'll see.
           Well our district got changed up a little bit. There is another set of elders that came into another district so they gave us this set of sisters from the YSA branch. There are 3 of them and then there are 3 hermanas. So now there are 6 sisters, the senior couple and Elder Winchester and I. Ha its kind of weird having no other Elders in there. My last district was like 9 Elders so this is definitely a change. But there is this sister from Idaho Falls here. Her name is sister Kissner. She just barely got here. I guess she went to Hillcrest. But yea we have set some pretty high goals for the next couple of months. We have 3 solid dates for August which is great, and then if we can get some of these families to be converted that we are working with then that would be amazing!  I bought some new ties last week for cheap and they are way nice. Also I have just inherited a lot of ties ha. I went from 7 to 30 just like that. Thats about it for my week. Sounds like you all are staying busy there. Ha those calves are making you work mom. You probably liked that excuse to not have to go to the cabin for 3 days though haha jk jk. Alright well I love and miss you all!! Thanks for all the love and support. Love YOU,               Love, Elder Polatis

This is my "grandpa, Dad and new Elder"

My old comp Elder Shulbert

No comments:

Post a Comment