Monday, July 15, 2013

We've got investigators!!!


Dragele Mele, 
How are you all doing?? Sarah.. rats.. (gulp) I WOULD DIE... Heavenly Father knows us very well.. I would not have survived in the Philippines... you are a better woman than me!.. I was chilling in relief society yesterday and everyone was going around saying how they came in contact with the church and it got to my turn and I was like "parintii mei si toate familia mea sunt membri in bisercii." (my parents and my whole family are members... everyone just looked and me and the relief society president was like... "wow you are lucky.." I just sat back and realized.. yes I really really am! so thank you family.

Well this week has been really an interesting week.... so here are my random stories for the week.... We will first start off with my language mess ups:
1- We have this less active in our ward and we go and visit her... She talks so so so so much it is amazing language study but honestly she will go none stop for about 20 minutes.. so we are at her house and we are sitting outside on her little porch.. laundry hanging over our heads and the sun beating down on us and she is going on about how she is so sick of her future daughter in law.. and she feels like a sinner because she cant stand her... anyways she had been going on for a while and then she looks and me and was like... "am I a bad person." I just starting nodding my head yes because that is what I had been doing the whole conversation... anyways I finally realize and I was like "ah nu! nu! you are not a bad person.." ha sora Rivera was dying... 
2- I was teaching Elena.. the recent convert the piano and then we were doing some romanian language study and she starting talking about her boyfriend on a mission ( I am so excited for them to get married.. they can keep building the branch) anyways I was like " I am so excited for us to get married... ha whoops.. she was dying... Well lets just say my language has come along ways this transfer but I still have a long ways to go!
Our investigator that we are working with with the boyfriend is still meeting with us.. she is so great.. She has been looking for a job for a while... and since she has been meeting with us.. she has found 3! she also came to church on sunday! wahoo! She text us and was like.. "you guys are my angels!! I love her! We are also going to get to go out to the country side and teach a jewish lady this week! how sweet is that! She came to church on sunday-- her husband is a member... She is so cool! We are super excited for that! We have also been working alot out of the area book so we have like 2 lessons set up just from out of that this week! We figure the more lesson we can get maybe we will reach our goals for the week.. ha we got stood up I think 5 times last week... rough.. ha but it is all good! 
We have been doing some different fun contacting this week... we did "random fruit contacting" as we were looking for an old address of a former investigator.. we were on the bus and we starting talking to this girl and someone had just given us some caise.. and so I asked her... "how do you say this --" even though I knew apricot was caise.. ha we then got her number and she wanted to know more! we were so excited! We ended up calling her and she stood us up... she then blocked our number.. but anyways.. ha it was fun! When then went chalk contacting in the park... we drew out the plan of salvation and we asked people if we could walk them through it.. it was really fun.. we went with the 2 newer elders in the area so it was a lot of fun! This lady took me aside and was talking to me... her friend then came over and was kind of making fun of us because she said.. "o you are the religion with all those wives.." She kind of just wanted to argue but that is not my purpose her as a missionary so I just smiled and told them to have a good night! it surprises them more when you are nice!  
THIS IS SO FUNNY....
So we had to do service for a member in the ward.. we went over there on tuesday and of course "the women are in the house cleaning..." so we went inside and we are cleaning everything scrubbing... sweeping... mopping... he lives with his mother who is not all there so she kind of just talked to us the whole time about I have no idea what.. I sent a picture home of me and her.. so cute.. anyways when then had to go back on Saturday and we were like of what else needs to be done... He asked us to clean out the fridge...  we opened the fridge... and..... AH BLOOD EVERYWHERE... this pork... well that is what the mother said it was dripped blood all over.. we were not sure it was a pork.. we joked that they were vampires because blood was everywhere.. I mean I am in romania right.. haha well anyways... we looked and each other and just sucked it up.. and started scrubbing... after that he asked us to clean out the freezer....and....AH BLOOD EVERYWHERE... but this time frozen dripping blood... again we just didnt think about it and starting going at it.. we made a video of it and it is so funny... you guys will have to watch it when I get home! ha While all of this is going on the elders are outside doing work and there is this random guy making homemade romanian vodka in the corner of the property... ha we asked if we could take a picture with him.. ha he said yes.. so I sent that home too... they then gave us some plums and stuff for all our work.. we finally saw the "fruits of our labors!" ha
BEST STORY...
So we were then walking home and Sora Rivera recognizes this little old lady in the middle of the street as one of our neighbors. We stopped and asked how she was and if she needed help.. she then grabbed desperately onto Sora Riveras arm and asked if we would walk her home... She has Parkinsons and we found out that she had been trying to get home for ONE HOUR... she was literally like 200 feet away from the apartment... She was like "you guys arent in a hurry right?" we kind of were in a hurry because sora had to write her talk but of course we said no.. she kept going on how she did not know what she would have done with out us... she was so grateful.. as we were walking along the beach with her.. she was saying hi to everyone.. and kept pointing out the fact that we "were her neighbors" this is really missionary of me.. but I was so touched because like in the good samaritan story we really are the only ones that stopped and helped her.. So many people came up and said hi to us that night and it made our neighbors like us a lot more! Well we walked her home and she offered us food anytime we run out! ha it was so cool! 
I LOVE being a missionary.. no greater calling than this! I find myself loving it here more and more and more everyday! yes there are hard days but it is so worth it! This gospel is amazing! o ya and I made it to Helamen this week! I am going to finish and the end of the transfer! the Book of Mormon is true! I love you all so much! Have a great week!!!!! mwwaaauuuhhh! 
va pup! cu Drag, Sora Abby Polatis  


paintballing with my District



teaching Plan of Salvation on the sidewalk

guess they wanted to plant a tree in the water drainage --don't mess!

cleaning out old pork in a fridge that has dripped everywhere;(

happy fridge--all cleaned out--what we do for investigators!

Investigators mom--no teeth smile;)

homemade MOONSHINE!

Black Sea behind me

No comments:

Post a Comment