Monday, December 16, 2013

Well, Sorry!! I took so many pictures this week, but it is saying that I cant send them! Bummer Deal! But that is life here, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! But awesome week! Really tired, so that means success......Or I hope that is what it means! But as you are all freezing and wearing coats, and pants and driving on ice and what not, amo man gihapon diri!! Sweaty Sweaty gid ako!! 
Well to start out! This week was a busy week! Lots of meetings! We went to Bacolod on Monday for MCL! We stayed in Bacolod 5th ward, so my old apartment! Oh my, there was 3 other sets of sisters who stayed there, so we ordered a huge pizza, and just kind of hung out after P-day! It was super fun! Tuesday we had MLC at the mission home! I love MLC, lots of good training's and ways to improve ourselves, budlay sa akon para sa pagimprove, tundgod lapit ako sa perfection! haha jokes!! But it was good!  Wednesday we went to Cadiz for our zone training! I love it!! We just relate what President trained us on and hope that they take it and apply it! We have some pretty outspoken people in our district so it was funny to just sit back and listen to them haha, some positive and some negative ha We had some really good teachings this day! Something about it just really flowed. We did member-missionary exchanges. So one sister came with me and the other with sister Manosig. They went visiting teaching and we went to investigators. We have this couple right now, they send their daughters to church but they wont come. They say that they have trust in God and he is helping them and they dont go to church, haha I must say, I was stumped. I had no idea really what to say to this guy, challenging me. But I had him take out his wallet and he had some money, (dont ever take a filipinos money, haha) Anyways, I had him give me some, and to keep on giving me it, and then just other random things, he started to get kind of annoyed like wondering when I would give it back! So I related it like that, God will give us stuff, and he will bless us. But maybe he is up in heaven getting annoyed that he keeps getting and we do nothing to show our thanks! He started laughing and then committed to go to church! HAHA then kind of hesitant I gave him back his money! HAHA for a second I was kind of rich! ha joke! 
THURSDAY:  THE BIG ONE YEAR MARK!! And YES!! We celebrated! After work of course! Bought a little Ice cream bar and a brownie and we called it a celebration! I didn't really have anything to burn, but I found in my suitcase a tank, it was pretty nasty and had a permanent stench so we lit it on fire and tried not to get burned! 
Friday we had zone conference! This was like our Christmas Party! President came and trained us! We had lunch and then watched the Christmas devotional! It was really good! All about service tied into missionary work!! It was good! I liked it! We had the baptism of Sister Rubi! She just turned 9! We have been teaching her for a little while and she was so so excited for her baptism! Her mom came and said that she felt "something" then she came to church the next day and felt "something' again!! That was what we needed to soften the heart of the mom! So we will continue teaching them and hopefully get sister to commit and support her daughter! We had a really good week! Sister Manosig is pretty quiet but little by little she will open up! Pretty quiet around our house haha but she is good! We found a lot of new investigators this week and we are excited to start teaching them and helping them come unto Jesus! We have a baptism this next Saturday for Sister Ailyn! She has been an investigator here for a long time and she really has made steps this last little bit for baptism! So I am excited for that!! I love this work! Seeing people change is awesome and seeing the desire that they have! But for Christmas, it will be pretty much a normal day! We have some appointments but really it is a day to be out! I know that this Church is the true church! That we have the Book of Mormon as a guide and we need to read from it everyday!! I love you all and miss you! 6 short months and I will be home!! Crazy!! I will be waiting for my Christmas surprises haha. Be good and be safe, Maddy, Stay off the road hah, or just be safe! Tell everyone I say HI and love them all! 
Palangga ko kamo!!! 
Love Sister S. Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment