Monday, December 2, 2013

My word! I can't believe that it is already DECEMBER!! Dasig Dasig sia!!! But I am so grateful that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Let the festivities begin!! They started here around the end of September so I am feeling it with you!!! That is funny about Black Friday shopping! You caved mom, haha you were supposed to wait for us!! HA but that is alright! We will have a Hunger Games Marathon when we get home! As in, legit!!!  
Well what a great week it was! We were just out and about teaching! We have been trying to find more people to teach! And really we were so blessed! There is something about the Christmas season coming up that first, brings people to church and second, makes people want to become closer to Jesus Christ! So whatever it is, I will take it! We were teaching our Recent Convert Marian Joy and this lady, Jocelyn comes and is just listening and of course we involved her in the lesson but after the lesson she said that she wants us to come back! So we went back on Tuesday and She had read from the Book of Mormon and Committed to be baptized on December 25!! It was so awesome, she was just placed like right in our path! Hopefully it is her time and she will padayon! She is so awesome! She has 3 kids, all pretty little, but before we started teaching, they were being super sabad and loud so she kind of gave them all a little smack on the head and made them leave, she said she needed to concentrate ha I tried not to laugh but it just was funny! 
Tuesday, was awesome! We went to District meeting then we met up with the Sisters from Cadiz 1. Cadiz is about an hour from Victorias, So we took the bus, HA seriously, I will miss the bus!! I love the bus! I used to be all quiet but now I just talk to the people and The guys who give the tickets are the funniest because they just look at me in shock that I can speak and understand them! Anyways, I went to Cadiz with Sister Zidek! So much fun! She is from SLC and is 19! We just attacked her area! This is her 3rd transfer only but she is awesome at the language, so we really just made it a fun day! We found her some new investigators, all were these high school boys who were smoking outside of a chungy, Well the appointment we had punted us! So They of course, being High School age made some stupid comments to us, so I just turned and started talking to them, one wouldnt shake my hand because he had a cig in his hand, but then I had them all smile, and they all had super nice teeth. So I just gave them all a hard time saying they are ruining their nice teeth to find a girl later in life and shared a little about the WofW! It was way funny and not pushy at all but all of them said that they would do their best to stop! So hopefully it worked! It was a good day! Then on Wednesday, We went to meet the other sisters from Cadiz 2, This time Sister Libria stayed and I went with Sister Wallace and we came back to Victorias! I love Sister Wallace. She is from Arizona! She is 19 and such a funny girl! We just killed it in our area! Talked to everyone so we will follow up with them this next week to see if it goes anywhere! 
Thursday, It was Thanksgiving and we needed to switch back! We were all hungry so we had our Thanksgiving feast of Pizza and a Mango shake!  We went around the table saying what we were thankful for and that was my Holiday! HAHA pretty funny!
We had the Baptism of Sister Maggee! She was so ready! The baptism was a success and the RS had an activity so we got lucky and told them to take a break for a minute to come and support her!! So she had a lot of people! Really nice! 
But this week will be great! I will meet my new companion Sister Manosig on Tuesday and we will get to work! Hopefully it goes alright! 
But seriously, The time of Christmas season people are looking for ways of being happy! Go out and share with them! People are being prepared now more than ever! I am 100% convinced of that!! And since it is Christmas people are more receptive!! Get out and do work!!! I will pray for you all to find opportunities! Take them haha!! Love you all! Be good and be safe this Holiday Season!!! I am so grateful for all your love, prayers and support! You all are truly the BEST!!! Halong kamo pirme!! 
Love
Sister S Polatis
splits with Sister Wallace and Sister Madrovio

Waiting for the baptism to start

Sister Libria bought a "good-bye" cake for her

Ward missionaries and us

Thanksgiving day "Pizza"

No comments:

Post a Comment