Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!
 
      Wow I can't believe that it is going to be 2014! Time really does just fly by!   But yes I did get to talk to Abby for about 5 minutes over the phone. It was so good to get to hear from her. She sounds like she is doing awesome. She just called the members number and so it was sweet! But I didn't get to hear from Sarah. Ha but she had a baptism on Christmas so she was probably just loving life. You all looked so good and happy and it made me want to be there with you because of all the good times we have had but that can wait:)
         So yea we had a pretty rough week last week that's for sure. Our numbers were not looking so hot ha. But this week is looking a lot more promising. We have been doing a lot of finding lately and have quite a few potentials that we need to go back and invite to be baptized. We are really focusing on the members and trying to get them going. We have been giving them all family mission plans to help them in their missionary responsibilities. So far not much has happened, but I know that the Lord will bless these members as they pray for those opportunities to share the gospel. Transfer calls are today and we still have not gotten our calls. I really have no idea what is going to happen so I'm pretty excited to get the call. Ha I pranked Elder Ragozzine this morning. I set an alarm for like 9:30, and then when it went off I answered it like I was talking to President and then I told him that he was getting transferred:) Haha he was like Ahh I knew it!!!! And was pretty much ready to start packing right then and there, but then I had to break the news to him that I was just messing with him. Ha poor little guy.
     Hmm.. I'm trying to think of what else went on this week. There wasn't a whole lot. It did get to be like 40 degrees so that was really nice. But now it dropped back down to -7 and stuff so it's back to normal yay!!! Not! The thermals are great though. I really didn't even know that they existed. So thank you so much for them. But yea I guess to tell you about a really weird thing that happened that I can't understand is that we went and contacted this former investigator, and man she just LOVED the Elders that tracked into her. She said that she was about to start drinking and just ruin her life until some Elders knocked on her door. So basically they taught her and I guess she thought that the church was too strict so she just went and joined this other church that she found online. Ha she said that after she was baptized in that church that she bore her testimony afterward and included how some Mormon boys saved her life and brought her to God.. Ha I was just blown away!!!! I tried and tried to tell her that the "Mormon boys" were sent to you to come to the true gospel. But she was just really comfortable with this relaxing church. Man it was very frustrating. So that is my crazy story for the week. So we'll see if we can get working with her to help her understand why her church doesn't have the fullness of the gospel. But I love you all so much and hope that this new year brings great blessings and lots of things to look forward to. Thank you for everything.
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment