Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hey Everyone!!! 
  Well it was so great to see all of your faces! I loved seeing you all on skype! I do love skype... God inspired invention! :) You all looked great! I loved hearing Tates reaction when I talked to him... me- "hey tate... this is Abby!" Tate-"ABBY! hey this is Elder.. I mean Tate!!" ha It was a good time! What a fun night that was for me! You are all the best! Yes Elder French is in my mission!!! He is in my city! I played soccer with him today! 
This week was super fun! The holidays are great on the mission! You get to do all this fun missionary stuff in a foreign country and skype my family! ha it was perfect! This week stories: 
Christmas Eve: I know I talked about Sora Dragu on Skype but she deserves to be on the blog. Christmas we went over to my sweet little old lady Sora Dragu who has absolutely nothing and we walked into the Christmas spirit! She had set up a table for us with juice, chocolate, and candy! Her house was all decorated and she was all dressed in red! I love her so much! We sang through all of the christmas songs in the hymn book! It was one of my favorite parts of Christmas! We were her family for christmas!!
Christmas Day: Christmas day was amazing! We woke up and opened our present! I loved my package! We had breakfast at the mission office as a district and then we had a gift exchange! We then went over to President Hill house and had an amazing lunch! I love the Hills so much! After we all went up to the living room and watched the Hobbit one! ha I loved it! We had caramel popcorn! I felt like I was right at home!  After I went and skyped the family! It was the perfect christmas away from home! 
Talk at church! : So I go to district meeting and a person from our branch comes in and says.. "We are so sorry but we just found out that our main speakers can't come tomorrow- so will you all speak?" ha So I found out Saturday night that I have to speak on Sunday! I of course said yes and I wrote my talk in about three hours! It went pretty well- I just talked to them about how to be member missionaries! I still surprise myself that I know a foreign language! They used one of my stories I told as an example in the sunday school class! I loved it and  One of our missionaries is romanian in my district and he talked to me sunday night and thanked me for my talk and said that my Romanian sounded great! it made my day! 
Block Knocking: We went block knocking Sunday and it was so much fun! We met some cool people! A couple of people were crying to us because of their hard lives.. We assured them that God loves them and really testified about God plan of happiness for us! but It was funny after we just said hi to a couple walking by and then they turned around and were the nicest people I have ever met! They brought us right into their house and sat us down for cakes, grapes, and some mineral water. It was so funny! They had a boy there that was 25.. we could tell that they were trying to set us up with him. He walks out and sits down and chats with us! ha The dad was asking me if we would be in trouble if we fell in love with a Romanian guy! ha It was super funny! But they invited us back over to sing and talk tomorrow so we will see how it goes!  The kid then walked out with us and it was super funny because the other elders were walking home from a lesson and were about to pass us... ha he turns to me and says "o those are your colleagues huh?" He then left us! ha it was really fun! 
Hobbit 2: We went to the Hobbit 2 on Thursday (Our Christmas present from President Hill) We went to the imax theater and watched it in 3D. It was a lot of fun! I really liked it! I never thought I would say this but I think I will have to come home and watch all of the Lord of the Rings! My companions love them and Star Wars so it is looking like I need to come home and get cultured! ha Sora Stapley is obsessed with Star Wars and Hunger Games!
Companion Situation: 
I am LOVING my companions! We are getting along great! I am loving being in a trio! We get along so well! They have been great! They even let me sleep with a fan in the room so I sleep super good at their house! Sora Peterson who is my replacement for next transfer came to Buc for a few days and I trained her on the city! I love her! it was a bummer to only get to serve with her for 2 days! But she will be great!
That is about it for this week! Time is going by super fast! I can't believe that it is almost january- That makes no sense in my mind! ha but it will be another great year! I am excited to make some new goals and always continue to improve and become more and more like my Savior! We also find out about transfer boards this week.. Wish me luck! Have a great week! The church is true! 
Va iubesc!
Sora Abby Polatis 

Sora Dragu--has nothing but gives all

Got "farmville" for Christmas

Christmas Morning

Christmas Eve

Our Tree/stocking

Christmas Dinner at Pres and Sora Hills'

Gifts from Sora Hill and Sora Baker

Pez from the Prez/ and Elder Baker

Skypeing fam!

Skyping Lou and Family

Christmas day "Hobbitt" at the movie in 3'D

No comments:

Post a Comment