Monday, December 9, 2013

How is everyone this week! Oh my gosh, I cant believe that about STG, Snow? 

Alright, Well this week wasn't as horrible as I had expected it to be! My new companion is Sister Manosig, She is 24 and from Quezon City! We both arrived here in the mission the Same batch. We so far have gotten along super good! She told me she was nervous to be my companion because she heard I was strict, hahahaha I just bust out laughing, gotta love mission rumors! But we were actually really successful this week! So it was the start of good companionship! But for traveling I was a little bit sad, but kind of relieved, There are enough sisters in our mission to have STL;s in every zone! So for us, we just stay here in Cadiz zone and that is as far as we travel!! 

So so many tender mercies this week! I have been so grateful! So I was back to leading the area again! Well we were running out of people to see. And the people that we would always see before, kind of stopped progressing. They started to hide from us and of course say "Dason na lang Sisters" which basically means like never! HAHA But we met a few ladies just on the street who told us they were baptized a long time ago, they have families and they are just less active gd! So we started teaching them and their families! Nothing really promising yet, because they didnt come to church but at least we are finding those that are lost! We got a couple referrals from the ward, so our finding efforts are coming together! That is what we really struggled with last transfer, but now, I feel good about it!! Amat-Amat lang! 
So this week, we looked at our huge ward list and decided to find more less actives. Well we ran into Brother Belarma! He was baptized in 2006 by the Elders. But he stopped coming about 5 years ago! So we were walking and trying to find his house, but no one was home! But all these little kids pointed us to where he was! Well he tried to not let us share with him, but I am kind of pushy! HAHA I kind of begged for just 5 minutes! He is in his late 30's! So we shared with him, just about covenants and his promise when he became a member! Well it was alright, it was just on the street so it was loud! But he promised he would come to church and HE DID!! I was so excited to see him! He was a little bit shy but he stayed to all the meetings!  I felt so good to see him! It made me have so much love and hope for those that are new in the church and then fall away but then come back! They are just shy and still trying to figure out how we do things! So I was way happy on Sunday! 
Really this week we just tried to talk to everyone that we knew! We have had a lot of people approach us! We met one guy who of course started talking to us and we thought he was kidding, he seemed a little probing, but we ended up visiting him and he has desire! Really so many tender mercies! I have found that despite what I think, if the spirit is telling me to go, I go! Because The Lord knows who needs us and when! This week was a little bit long, but I really liked it!! I love the Book of Mormon! Abby is always saying that and I laugh, but I am now like her! All the stories apply to any situation, anytime no matter where you are in life! I am grateful for this opportunity! Really my appreciation for the gospel has grown! I love you all and hope you are making the best of the Christmas Season! I miss you all and hope you have a fantastic week! 

Oh mom, I am sorry! I know I told you I didnt need anything! BUT there is a little girl in this ward, she keeps asking me to teach her piano, But we cant it is Ba wal! So it isnt urgent or anything but if you have a little easy book or something, if it is a hassle dont worry about it!! But amo na!!! Pasensy gd slow slow gd ako! You are the best!!! Salamat sa inyo tanan sa mga pangamuyo!!! Nahidlaw ko sa inyo pirme! Pero Dasig ba ini!!! Promesa!!! Halong kamo pirme!!!
Sister Hogge, from the Tacloban mission

Me and EMMA

Sister Manosig

No comments:

Post a Comment