Monday, December 16, 2013

HI Everyone!!
       How's it going?? Man it sounds like you all are having a lot of fun and making this Christmas season fun. We are trying as well.. just got informed that we get to sleep in until 8 on Christmas day1!!:):) What a good little treat that will be ha. This week has been really fun though!!.
      We had Zone Conference on Wednesday last week where we had all those skits and things. It went great. First we started out with a few trainings from President and Sister Jensen and then from the AP's. Then we had a driving training to make sure that everyone knows how to drive on these slick roads. Which I'm not sure if I got approval to drive yet, doesn't really matter right now because we don't have the car so it's all good. But yea, so then at zone conference we went to eat lunch in the gym and then after that every district did their skits and songs. Haha I will have to send you a copy of the skit that we came up with. There was a lot of funny ones. After that though, President surprised us and said that we were going to get to watch a movie, so we got to watch Ephraim's Rescue. Have you seen that? It's really good!! It felt kind of weird being able to watch a movie but I enjoyed it a lot. After zone conference was done I had to give an interview to a kid about my age who is getting baptized in the YSA ward and man this kid was awesome. It was definitely a great first interview for me. He likes basketball and all that great stuff and he asked me to baptize him so I am really excited to do that. I guess that he is getting baptized Sunday morning at about 8:30 because he can't do it Saturday and he didn't want to wait a whole week to get the Holy Ghost.
       Khajidsuren and Mike got all interviewed for baptism last week and are now just waiting for this Saturday:) Ha its going to be a little tough to get this put together because they are going to be at the same time, but Mike doesn't really want a lot of people at his so we are going to split them up and kind of set it up so we can alternate their baptisms. Ha I know its a little confusing, and now we need two of everything, but we will get it figured out. Anything to make it a great spiritual experience for them. So yea it's going to be a great weekend!!
       We also went on two exchanges this week; one with the belle plaine Elders and another with the Zone Leaders, so there goes all of our exchanges for the transfer. But yea the Belle Plaine Elders had some one that was preparing to be baptized that I needed to interview so we had to make the hour drive to go and interview her and then I found out that she was not completely ready, so that was kind of a bummer, But they will keep working with her. The Zone Leaders are great! We get along really well. Elder Bates is trying his hardest to get me set on going to BYU. He says that he already has a place for me to stay and everything. Haha it's just a lot fun out here. So as for our other investigators they are all moving along. We did a church tour for this guy named Jason so he could get more comfortable and be able to come to church but he still didn't show up for church yesterday so I guess we will have to push his date back and he probably wont be able to be baptized in 2013 darn it. But yea we are still finding a lot. We knocked into this kid named Nick that plays for his high school team at west high school( right by the church) and me and him just automatically connected haha. So he let us in and we taught him the restoration, and right when we were going to invite him to be baptized his mom came home. She was really nice, but it seemed awkward to still do the invite with her just barely getting there for the last part of the lesson, so we will for sure next time.
        Ha yesterday at church Elder Ragozzing and I participated in the little Christmas program with the choir and had a good time singing with them. I think that my singing has improved a little bit. It was fun though. Oh and yes I got your package and I couldn't wait until Christmas to open it I'm sorry:) But those $100 bill pants are JUST what I needed to wear under my slacks haha. My legs have been freezing lately riding bikes so I'm glad that I opened it. But thanks soooooo much!!! I watched the little slide show that you put together and it was really great to get to see all of you in all of those pictures. And for Christmas we are so far planning on going to the Moons for lunch and then to the Crawfords for dinner... I think that we will probably Skype at the moons so around lunch time, but if that doesn't work for you then we can do it at the Crawfords. Well I could write a lot more but I am running out of time darn it. I can't wait to talk to you all and see you. Thanks again so much for everything!! I couldn't imagine doing this without the support of my family:) love youuuu
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment