Monday, December 16, 2013

Buna Frumosilor! 

Well this week... ha There is a word that describes my week--- unbelievable  :) 
Some highlights from the week! 
1- My investigator is STILL an investigator. We were not able to have a lesson with her this week.. but she came to our Christmas concert and she brought her boyfriend! She loved it! Even brought out her phone and recorded a lot of it! 
2- I have the best mission President in the whole wide world! So this week we worked so hard on our christmas concert. Invited tons of people... had practices. It was going to be all the missionaries in bucuresti. (There is like 22 of us in this city) It was all set up. Well we wanted President Hill to be part of our program.. normal... so we invited him to do his "If I was a rich man" He had been traveling all day across the country and he still showed up to our concert. just picture this... My mission president... fake beard... with a little broom... singing out "if I was a rich man" and dancing with a little broom!!!!!! ah It was so cool. I loved it so much! I mean it doesn't get better than that! Sora Hill came and sang with us also!
3- So I have already make reference to the concert we had saturday night.. but honestly it was amazing! The spirit of all of us singing was amazing! We only had about 50 people in attendance... which was ok.. I mean not considering that we invited all the members in Bucuresti and handed out flyers.. but it was cool for the people that were there! It was honestly a highlight of my mission! I loved that night! 
4- I went to Cluj and Oradea this week!!! It was a lot of fun! and a lot of work! I slept three nights straight on trains!!! (I am now sick) but it was so worth it! We got on a train monday night.. arrived in Cluj Tuesday morning... Such a cute city! We were contacting... 
FUNNY STORY
So all four of us were contacting in Cluj and this random guy comes up to us and says how beautiful we are.. then he asked if we will come over and he could sing "All I want for Christmas is you." Then whichever one of us liked him the most he would take us out for suc... ha we all just started laughing.. He said he was confused why his charm wasn't working on us... He then takes off his hat and shakes out his hair to show us how good looking he was.. haha 
We then had english class and then did a service project to make blankets for kids at an orphanage.. it was super funny.. that night we then got on a train to oradea! 
5- three hours later we arrived in Oradea... so about midnight... made it to Sora Gerhartz (my companion from the mtc) apartment... woke up more contacting... with some choir practice... goal setting sessions.. picture sessions and then back on a train at 630.... it was a lot of fun to serve with Sora Gerhartz ha I have missed seeing her! 
6- Well our train was then 16 hours long!!!! it was only supposed to be 12 hours.. but we woke up at like 7 the next morning and I was sure that we were in a nearby city because we were suppoosed to get in at 8-- I opened the window.. ha we were still up in the mountains by this ski resort! ha we got into bucuresti at 11 am! So crazy! but it was really fun! My last exchange with Sora lund! 
7- Sora Lund goes home this week! ah it is so crazy we have been together for 3.5 transfers so it is going to be rough sending her home for christmas but I am happy she gets to be with her family! 
This week I will be living with a set of sisters for one week across the city..  then I will go with Sora Peterson who I am training to be the next sister training leader for one week... and then I will stay with a different set of sisters for my last week of the transfer and then we will see what the next transfer board brings! We have 4 girls coming in in January and then 9 in February- So it will be quite the party! Christmas is so soon! I am excited to see all your lovely faces!!! We are planning on doing a lot of service and singing for the next couple of weeks so it will be fun! I know that this church is true! I am so thankful for it in my life! I love being a missionary! I am excited to be a missionary for Christmas! I will make it count! 
va iubesc atat de mult!!!! va pup! 
cu mare drag, 
Sora Abby Polatis 
All of us in Cluji

Cluji

Oradea

Sora Gerhartz and I

Oradea

Oradea!  So Pretty

Add caption

Oradea


Scarf we gave Sora Dragu--She loved it

Merry Christmas at the mission office

Our nightly juornaling session!

No comments:

Post a Comment