Monday, December 9, 2013


Hi Everyone!!
   Umm... There hasn't really been an ice storm yet? There was a good snow storm yesterday that put about 4 inches on the ground but that's about it. Iowa weather really reminds me a lot of Idaho weather to be honest. Just a lot more humidity, but it's always windy here too so I'm definitely used to that. I pulled up my driving record and it is clean as a whistle. Oh yea, and it cost like 9 bucks so make sure that gets paid. They are still putting me into the system to be able to drive so I'm just waiting. For now I just pray to live with my companion driving;) ha jk he's not that bad. But he is from Hurricane Utah so he's not that experienced with driving in the snow.
     Well we've had some pretty great things happen this past week. The Mongolian lady is set to get interviewed this week and will be ready to be baptized next Saturday. A great miracle that happened this week, was that Mike Dillon( father of recent converts) has accepted the date of the 21st to be baptized also:) I am so excited for him!! He really has changed so much and really did need that couple extra months after his family got baptized to really figure things out. We've basically been reading out of the Book of Mormon quite a bit and have started from the beginning. He really likes it and has finally started keeping those commitments to read the chapters that we leave with him. So that is my testimony, that the Book of Mormon is that springboard to testimony and personal revelation. He asked me to baptize him, I was kind of hoping that he would've wanted a member to do it, but I'm excited to do that. We are also still teaching their neighbor who told us that if we came to an hour of the Catholic church with her that she would come to all three hours of our church. Well she lied!! haha I guess that she picked up this new client or something and had to go and see them. So I told her that next week she had to fulfill her end of the deal. Ha... yea that was my first time going to a different church. Really really different that's for sure. Ha there was definitely an apostasy that occurred over the centuries. But yea Mike used to be Catholic and he just looked disgusted when he was in there. And the mom was telling us how he already refers to himself as a Mormon anyway so it's time.
      So we have been doing service at the library every Tuesday for a long time and the librarians are always really nice to us and are just good people. So finally last Tuesday I decided that I would ask one of them if they ever wondered what we actually did. Turns out that we taught her grandma rose awhile back!! Ha I remembered teaching old Rose:) She kind of just fell through the cracks on us and was too lazy to progress but she was really nice. So yea this librarian just straitway gave me her address just like that. Ha man I should've done that like 3 months ago. But we went and taught her last night and she accepted the invitation and everything. It was very cool. Her husband is a Muslim I think, so that might be a little difficult, but I'm just excited that we have a new investigator. We have kind of been in a drought lately so we were truly blessed.
      Zone conference is coming up this Wednesday and President Jensen has asked each district to either come up with a song or do a skit from the Book of Mormon. Of course my district is doing a skit:) ha we have a lot of great ideas and I wish that I could film it for you because it is going to be sweet. We are doing the Sons of Mosiah and kind of just acting it out how their 14 year planning session was and how their goals for baptism were like in the thousands! Haha its funny. Then they have to order like 3000 Plates of brass for the lamanites and stuff. ha just stuff like that. It should be good.
     Well I'm glad everyone is safe and that you all get to enjoy the Holidays!! We watched the Christmas devotional last night and it really is true that what makes you the most happy is making others happy. I love you all so much!!! Keeping being so great!!
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment