Monday, December 9, 2013

Dragii Mei! 
Well this week has been great!! Some highlights! 
- Remember that crazy lady that was yelling at me last week? Well I found out why! She was sitting on the other side of the stairs when I walked out from internet. I was standing on her spot where she usually begged for money... So Sora Lund and I were walking up the stairs and she is asking everyone for money then we show up and she then called us a choice word in Romanian that I rather not write but super funny! ha 
- Tuesday Train to SIBIU! My lanta! Such a pretty city! And such a pretty train ride! It is so crazy.. so picture us on the train.. playing some monopoly deal.. (in romanian for language study!) ha at a couple of the stops little kids hop on the train and sing christmas carols and ask for money then they hop off! I had never seen anything like it! As we were passing cities I felt like I was on the HUNGER GAMES going through all of the districts on my way to the capitol! 
- Exchange with Sora Merril! She is amazing.. high jumper on the BYU track team! 19 years old.. such a good missionary! We went to the center of Sibiu it is amazing! I felt like I was in a fairytale! We did CONTACTING FOR 6.5 HOURS STRAIGHT! ha but we switched in up and made it really fun- We sang carols in the park... bus contacted.. picture contacting.. english contacting.. We then went Block Knocking.. She was kind of nervous and I still get nervous knocking on random peoples doors also.. (but she is looking to me as the fearless example) So we did it.. knocked some doors got yelled at a little bit.. but some people did take our survey AND we had a lady say she was actually interested!! We got her number and everything!! We then went and did a HAPPY DANCE IN THE END OF THE HALLWAY:) We stopped after that! We didnt want to ruin the moment! I loved serving with her! She called me a few days later and said how much I helped her! ah it made my night! I love her!!!! 
- Thursday we had another lesson with Raluca! She is amazing and has great questions. She said she knows baptism is a huge step so she wants to make sure she is doing it for all the right reasons and at the right time! We are planning this amazing lesson all about baptism and covenants for her this week! Wish us luck! 
ZONE CHRISTMAS PARTY! So much fun- basically half of the mission came to Bucuresti! We had some great christmas messages! Amazing food made by all of our awesome senior couple and we had this slide show that lasted like an hour! It was so fun to see! We then got little goodies bags with Rootbeer and american stuff in them! delicious!! I didnt not realize how much I missed a good cold Rootbeer! Sora Lund gave her "dying testimony" It was really good! I realized as she was giving it that I give MINE the next zone conference!!!!! Crazy! because zone conference is every other transfer and after this transfer I only have 3 transfers left!!! I can't believe it! 
- Tonight I leave for Cluj and Oradea-- I will arrive back in Bucuresti Thursday morning! then it will be crazy getting Sora Lund ready to leave... I get put in a trio for the week of Christmas and then I think I get to go with a girl I am training to take my place next transfer for a week and then I think I get put back into a trio in another sister apartment in Bucuresti. Basically it will be quite the party until January 7th.. and I have to move out of my old apartment into a new apartment! ha my life.. President came up to me at the Christmas party and said "Sora Polatis thank you for being so flexible and willing to do anything." ha I guess he can count on me to just do what I am told. So I will let you know how it goes!
- I love you all! really and truly thank you for always being there for me! You guys are great! Enjoy the holiday seasons! Sora Lund has all these Christmas songs on her ipod- favorite song is "my grown up christmas list" so good! Yes I am sad that I will not be there for Christmas.. I wouldnt be human if I wasn't sad about not being home for chirstmas.. but I will only have ONE christmas in Romania so I am going to make it the best! This church is true! Have a great week! Be safe on those icy roads!! :) 
cu mare mare drag! Sora Abby Polatis 






No comments:

Post a Comment