Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hey Everyone! I can't believe that it snowed that much! Wow! I am so so so excited for Tate! It is weird by the time he gets out of the MTC I only have a month left on the mission! I know you guys are all freaking out... ha no worries so am I! Congratulations for Chelsie and Sam!! That is so cute! I can't wait to meet all these new babies when I get home! I am super excited to see Divergent... one of my companions told me to read that book so add it to our movie list when I get home! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA POLATIS! I love you! 

First off this week was crazy.. I think I say that every week! But we found out about transfers and I am staying here with Sora Parker! Wahoo!!! We are super super excited! I love Galati!! 
Some highlights for the week! 
This morning I went running along the Danube River and the watched the sun rise! It was one of the prettiest sights I have seen in a long time! I am obsessed with it! We actually have a new INVESTIGATOR- that comes running with us sometimes so it is a lot of fun! 
Sunday: Yesterday was a really great day at church. We had another investigator show up to church and she stayed all three hours!! hallah! Well so we were watching the Hastening of the Salvation Broadcast and I know that I have seen it before but I really didn't really understand Romanian before when I watched it. It was just so cool because I was sitting there with an investigator at my side and understanding a broadcast about missionary work in a different language. It was an amazing moment for me. I was seriously overwhelmed with pure happiness and just felt so blessed. It hit me so strong... The church is so so true. Even if we are a little less functioning over here in Romania! The church is amazing!!!! 
- An update on the Galati area! We actually have 3 real investigators and we are going to be meeting with 2 new people this week! I have never had this many lessons scheduled in my entire mission. So it is a lot of fun! One investigator like I say comes running with us at 6:40 am. we are also meeting with her today! Another investigator I teach the piano to and she really wants to be a good person! 
Our third investigator is cool! She is only 14 but we had an amazing lesson with her this week. We talked about prayer and about the Book of Mormon. She then brought up that she wants to quit smoking (sad huh.. she has already been smoking for 2 years.) But we testified our hearts out that the Book of Mormon and prayer would give her strength to overcome. She committed to read and pray! After the closing prayer she asked "can I ask you guys a question.... Why do I feel this way? I felt so scared and nervous before but now I just feel good!" I could not stop smiling.. I said "that is the Holy Ghost testifying to you that everything we are teaching you is true!!!" So we will continue working with her! 
- We did a lot of member visits this week! We love to constantly encourage and strengthen our members. They are amazing! It seems against all odds they made it and our holding on tight! Their conversion stories are amazing and they keep me motivated:) 
- We did some contacting this week.. ha normal thing but it was funny because we started talking to some lady and we were doing a scavenger hunt so I had to talk to her because she had my same color of purse.. Well at first I think she thought we were with the orthodox church and was really happy! ha when she realized that we weren't she went stone cold and said well it doesn't translate well to english but something like "you girls are not going to do much here in this country because we are all orthodox." She is wrong! We are going to prove her wrong this last transfer! :) 

Everything is going good here! We have this random district thing where we hashtag everything. So that is the only thing I can think of to describe galati. #galatilife! I am going to work hard and enjoy this last transfer so so much! We have some big event every week! I am so excited for General Conference this weekend!!! Just like the super bowl for us missionaries out here! The church is true! God loves all of us and wants us to be truly happy! We have so much potential! I love you all so so much! Love everyday back at home! Soon I will be a part of those days!!! Crazy! But you are all amazing! thanks for all you do for me!! 
va iubesc foarte mult! Nu pot sa cred ca doar am o luna.... vai de mine! ce sa fac! vreau sa fiu ca si cum as fi Sarah- de aceea am scris mai mult in limba romana sa stiti! :) pa pa nu mai bine, sanatate... pa pa pa! :) 
Sora Abby Polatis 

No comments:

Post a Comment