Monday, April 28, 2014

Heyyyy Family!!!
      Elder Searle was actually telling me about that last monday how is grandma knew Angie and that they were talking about us being companions. Well I have some very sad sad news about that.... Elder Searle is already getting transferred!!:( We just found out this morning and we were really upset. The Idaho boys only got to serve together for 3 weeks darn it!! So now I am going to be senior companion over my new companion that I am getting. I´m pretty nervous because I am still not too familiar with the area and everything so I´m really hoping that I get a brazilian companion that can understand everything that people are saying ha.
    So that´s the bad news, oh and Elder Witham is leaving the house to!! Well this week was kind of slow!! We had to go to the central of Sao Paulo to spend the night with the office Elders because in the morning we had to go the the Polical federal to get legal here. It was really fun because I got to see everyone from my Brazil MTC district so we had a good time. But the Policial federal took 6 hours so we decided to stay another night at the office Elders apartment because we had another meeting in the morning called Nova Forca with the President and everyone. So we just went out and did some conversas with people out in the big city!! Ha it definitely made me like my area a lot better because people in the big city are always in a hurry and don´t really want to talk to you, but here in little Eldorado usually they will give you their address and let you stop by. The trick is to catch them at the right time though.
    The language is coming right along I think. We had a good lesson last night where the words were just starting to come to me and they could actually understand what I wanted them to understand. I really do need to be patient though because I´m still not really used to the way people talk so I have trouble understanding what people are saying. Carlos the recent convert that comes with us a lot, I can understand pretty much everything he says because I have gotten used to the way he talks. So that´s really good.
    Guess who I went on exchanges this week with.... Elder Hales!! Ha my good old companion from the Provo MTC. It was really fun. He is a funny kid. Ha I will see if I can send some pictures of me and him because he has lost like 45 pounds and looks completely different. So we took a pic together just like the one we took in the mtc. Ha its pretty funny. But yea Elder Hales was saying that I speak really well. My goal is by may 26 (which is 2 months in Brazil total) I will be able to understand everything and be able to have good conversations with people. So I need to work really hard to make sure that happens. Oh so some big news... Elder Anderson is coming to Brazil to have a conference with us!!!!!! Haha can you believe that. First I get to hear him in Iowa and now a year later I get to hear him in Brazil! So Crazzzy!!!
    Well I love you Mom and hope that you have an amazing birthday!!! Thank you for being such a great example all my life and raising me to be able to be worthy and enjoy all of these wonderful blessings. We are having a baptism this weekend and have some good dates for May so it should be a great month!!. I love you all so much. Have a great week!!
Love Elder Polatis
Elder Hale from the provo MTC

Our churchouse

my apartment

My Idaho brother is being transferred!!!  So Sad!

Elder Hales now in Brazil after losing 50 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment