Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Oh my snow!! What even is that? HAHA I wish that was here right now because it is so so hot!!! I cant believe it! I am finally starting to get a little bit of a tan! 

Well this week!  A lot of little blessings! Things are finally starting to get better and there is hope!! So the first of our week was a little bit discouraging! Not that many people were home and usually I dont take that, If i was a private person before the mission I definitely am not private now, I just walk around to other houses until we find them, hahaha But it didnt really work! But we still were able to teach.

Thursday we were out well there is this one area, Isio, that is one of the main areas that we focus but we didnt want to go there, we wanted to go somewhere else, but as we passed it I just had this feeling that we needed to go there, and I changed my mind like 80 times but then just decided we would go and just pass by some people to let them know we would come back another day. So of course people are doing this hollering at us saying how we are just black and white (our skin color), well this lady is sitting there and she like gets super mad at them telling them to respect us because we are servants of God and so we said thanks and asked her name and all that, well she says that she was sitting there for over an hour waiting for us, and she didnt want to leave because she was nervous that she would miss us.She said that she was praying so hard for us to come. She said after 3 weeks of seeing us walk around she finally got the courage to talk to us, so she took us to her home, so we are teaching her and seriously it was like we knew her forever. She was so open and so excited. She said her friend who we OYM'd but wasnt interested gave it to her, well she read it and just felt super good! She is great! So excited to learn more and accepted baptism for May 10! We committed her for the 3rd, but she said wants 10 because that is her birthday! I love it! I loved how ready and prepared she was! I am grateful that the spirit guided her and that we were humble enough to follow the prompting, Maybe we would have missed her! Scary ina!!! So long story short, FOLLOW the promptings of the Holy Ghost!!! Even if you dont know why, just do it and it will work out for our good!

We had Branch Family Home Evening on Friday! Man, I was so nervous for it! We invited so many people and gave out flyers and everything. Well it was supposed to start at 5, well by 5;30 we had maybe 6 people. So we were so discouraged. But then at 6, like 25 INVESTIGATORS who live across the street from the church came in!!! It was such blessing! That is our area so Sister Kumar and I were like little kids on Christmas! All smiles BABY!!! Wahooooooooo!!! So we followed up with them yesterday and taught them! They were excited. They said that it has been over a year since missionaries have visited there! Which is weird because it is so close to the church! We are so excited for this next week! We are going to be busy and we love it!!!

We traveled 2 hours to Sipalay for our District conference! President and Sister Lopez were there along with Elder Nobleza of the quorum of the 70! They all did a really great job! A lot about reading our scriptures everyday and how we need to be built on a firm foundation! 

But all and all it was great! I am so excited that Tate finally got to go to Brazil! He will love it!! Happy Birthday Grandpa Polatis! I hope that you had a great day!!! I love you and I cant wait to see you!! Maybe we can take a trip to St. George when I get back, But only if we can Listen to Susan Boyle....Deal!! 

Be safe an enjoy the snow, Sister Kumar and I are wishing we were there! We fill our bucket at night to shower and the water is so warm, so we have no refuge of cold anymore! HAHA summer is officially here! I love you all! This is the TRUE church! How lucky are we! Continue on and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures!!!!!

Love Sis Polatis!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment