Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Buna Ziua! 
Congratulations Greg and Kristin!!! I am so so excited! Wahoo! I am so glad that I will be home for that! Good job on Tennis Sam! Rock it! When is your graduation? I will probably be home for it! Can you guys believe it .... 30 days! Yes I am kind of freaking out! ha it just seems unreal and it seems like I have always been a missionary and that I will always be a missionary so sometimes reality hits and I do freak out! ha But I am excited at the same time! Crazy that Maddy is a senior! Wow... time has gone super fast! That is so cute about Tate... ya he will basically speak fluent Portuguese in like 2 months. You all sounds like you are doing great! Also a shout out to the Breinholt family! I received your letter last week and it was super super cute! I have not received a letter for months so it was fun to get one! :) 

Well this week... Sometimes i am not sure whether to laugh or cry about my mission. I usually just burst up laughing because there is really nothing else I can do! ha But so this week - remember how last week we had 11 lessons and all these new investigators. Well this week... they all kind of dropped us or are not interested. We actually still had 2 lessons this week with one women that looked really promising. We talked about the plan of salvation. She read through the pliant and read the chapter in the Book of Mormon. She looked like she was making progress. Well then the second lesson she basically told us she doesn't believe anything we have taught her and has no desire to really know if it is true - she just wants to learn for "informational" purposes. I was a crushed - We had studied so hard for her and I really wanted the lesson we had planned to hit her hard... but nothing... she would not even pray at the end. So we are kind of back down to zero again. If there is one thing I have learned on my mission is to be positive. So I am not going to let it get me down.. these last 30 days are going to rock regardless of if I am teaching all day or contacting all day long! 

So kind of funny story... We were trying to change all of our light bulbs anyways... long story short one of them like blew up and then all of our power was out in our entire house... we were leaving to iasi in like one hour.. we had just bought all our groceries for the week and we had a load of laundry in the washer... I wanted to die... We had to hurry and call our landlord and then take our food to the church fridge... needless to say I was kind of stressed but we made our train!!! it was just funny because we we got back from Iasi our house still didn't have electricity and it was freezing and midnight so we were walking around with flashlights and just jumped into bed until they came and fixed it the next day! ha it was really cool though because the electrician was super nice and was AMAZED  that i spoke Romanian. our land lady was there too and she asked us "are all of you missionaries this nice?" and the electrician guy then said "look at them it is their religion." It was super cool! We were able to talk a little bit more about what we believe! so it was cool!  

We did get to go to Iasi this week for zone training! It is always so much fun! We gave a presentation on how to better use the Book of Mormon in our missionary lives. I talked about how we need to study it more so that we have more power behind our testimonies. Well I then make everyone sing the primary song scripture power including making them lift up there scriptures when we said scripture! it was really cute and I made a video of it! so it was a lot of fun! We ate a greek place after that was so so good! So I am for sure a fan of Iasi! 

It was Sora Parkers birthday this week so I woke up and made her pancakes and then we opened her package from her family.. loaded with those reeses Egg things.. I wanted to die! those are the best ever! It was pouring rain outside so we watched some more general conference! We just had a lot of fun! 

General Conference was amazing! I can't wait to study all of those talks more once they are all printed out...I am going to put them on my ipod today so that I can listen to them as I am getting ready and eating meals! They were so so good! I loved Elder Bednars talk and Elder Uchtdorfs! So amazing! President Monsons from the Priesthood session! Man... powerful! there was many that I really loved but those are just a few that really hit me hard! 

I love you all so much! Thank you for all of your love and support! I have the best family in the world! Keep being great! This church is true! 
va iubesc! 
Sora Abby Polatis 

No comments:

Post a Comment