Wednesday, April 23, 2014



First, this week was "Holy Week" WOW! That is all I can say! They take this stuff pretty seriously! On Friday....on my people at the Catholic Church! They were there like all night and there was this big statue of Christ and people had made like a statue thing of the Death, something like that! Anyways they all walk around and bless the statue, then they fast, but their fasting is that they cant eat rice hahaha! Then they fast for 3 days and they do it again on Sunday but do a statue of Jesus resurrected! We kind of got the shun the past couple of days but we just had to let people know that we do believe in Jesus Christ, that he lived and died for us and rose again on the 3rd day!..........But holy week is over and now people are back to normal! So all is well! 

So this week was a good week! Sister Montemayor and I just went out and Killed it! We are still on the find and we are wanting to get some baptisms, we think that we have one on May 3! Her name is Mary Joy! She is 13. She has been listening to the missionaries for a little while now. She comes to church and she is reading the Book of Mormon! I love it! The only problem is her mom! He mom is a horrible example and tells her all these lies! She will let us teach her in their house but when we go she gets really nasty to her girls! It breaks my heart because what mom wouldnt want something good for her girls! Anyways, we went yesterday to ask the moms permission and she was kind of nasty to us but in the end told us she could do whatever she wants! So for this girl we just pray all the time that she will over come this! And that her mom will get a soft heart! She wants to be baptized and be better but it is just her mom! So we will continue to teach her and hopefully her mom will realize that we arent bad and that the message of the gospel will improve the lives of everyone!

As for us, Well I am learning a LOT of tagalog! HAHA it isnt bad but we are still trying to find our funk in teaching! My language has improved so much because know it enough now to teach her! So she speaks to me in English and I speak to her in ilong-ish! So it is a good mix for her! Everynight after planning we have english class! She wants to speak better english So I told her I would help her! She asks "Why do you say it like that" Sometimes I really dont know why, it is hard for me to speak english sometimes so I tell her "I dont know, it is just the way it is" HAHA So needless to say, I am a way good teacher! HAHAHA just kidding! But all is well here! We are fine! 

This Easter Season! I for sure know that Jesus Christ is my Savior! He came to earth and lived and died for me so that I can return to live with him again! I also know that the Atonement is real!!! Everytime that we are sad or happy or whatever Jesus Christ knows because he experienced it! He wants us to become like him so we need to strive every single day for it! I know that the Church is True! I am so grateful for this time to be a missionary! It really is the best! I love you all! Be good and be safe! I pray for you all the time! Have a great week!  

Love Sis. Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment