Friday, April 4, 2014

Hola Familia!!!!
     Well it is finally P-day and I get to email you and tell you how crazy Brasil is;) I can't believe how massive this city is. When I was flying in all I could see was city. Crazy stuff. Haha and Jaron was right about how people change lanes here when they are driving, you just stick your front end into the next lane and pray that the other guy slows down. Ha I learned that on our way to the MTC. My companion is Elder Merrit. He waited in Washington for like 9 months. His portuguese is a little on the bad side but I've been working with him. We have some Brazilian roomates that know a little bit of English but not much. Its really fun learning how to speak to them better. I also met a kid here who just got here a couple of days ago who was in the Provo MTC with me haha. So atleast there are a couple other missionaries that had to wait as long as I did.
      The MTC has been really fun though. It's really relaxing to not have to plan or anything and to get to play ball every day:) Good stuff!! Definitely a place to learn Portuguese because that is all I hear everyday. In Provo the learning process was way slower. It is crazy that I already leave on Tuesday. Time flew by here. Some cool things that we have done though is going out on the streets and proseletying. Each companionship gets 6 BOMS and we just go and talk to people for an hour!! Very very cool. The gift of tongues if definitely real. It was really cool to be able to explain to people what the Book of Mormon was and how it can help them in Portuguese. I couldn't understand everything that they said back to me of course haha but they are very nice people and it was very cool to see people accept a Book of Mormon that easily. Definitely way to different than from being in the states ha. If I would've been able to do that in the states that would have made my whole transfer:) The food is also good here as well, and we have hot showers and everything that we need. I was kind of expecting to be roughing it but not here in the MTC.
       We went to the Sao Paulo temple this morning for our P-day and it was beautiful!! Ha it was a little weird having to wear the headphones during the session but it was good. The session was in Spanish so I didnt want to risk it ha. Oh and they didnt let us take our cameras so I didnt get to take any pictures darn it!! Oh and we only get like 45 minutes to email so I'm going to have to cut it a little short:( But things are going great and I'm ready to hit the pavement again. I'll make sure and finish my medicine. I have been keeping up on it and I think that it is starting to get a better!! I still have these weird burps every now and again that I dont know where they are coming from but who knows. And no we didnt get to watch the Womans broadcast, hopefully Mandy my investigator back in Iowa did though:) I think for conference I will split it up and watch some in Portguese and In English:) 
      Love you all and am grateful for everything that you do. I dont know when i will be able to write again but we'll see. Have a great week and enjoy conference!!!!
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment