Tuesday, April 15, 2014


Hola tudo mundo!!!!
      Wow.... it´s different down here haha. My area that I am serving in is called Diadema, and I am serving in this ward called villa paulina. Ha and yea my new comp is Elder Searle!!!! Haha we were really excited at transfer meeting when President said that. I also live in this house with a couple of other Elders and one of them is Elder Witham!!!! Ha I served in the same ward as him in Iowa and he was my Provo MTC roomate haha. Crazy stuff!!! He is a zone leader now and has almost been here for 6 months so he has the language down pretty well. That is so good to hear that Greg and Kristin are having another baby! Para Bens!!!!!! I´m glad that the field is all planted as well and that Sam and Maddy are taking care of business!!  
        Well things are great here!!:) The people are really loving and actually smile sometimes when you talk to them. We have been teaching quite a few lessons also so its been really great. There is also this recent convert named Carlos who never really has anything to do, who comes out with us quite a bit. He is trying to learn English and i am trying to learn Portguese so we help each other out quite a bit. Yesterday at church I had to get up to the pulpit and introduce myself and bear my testimony. It actually went pretty well and I got quite a few compliments from all the members that I speak really well for only arriving here 5 days ago, but then they thought that I was good at speaking so then they started rambling off portuguese and I got lost haha:) We were teaching this guy that didnt have any of his front teeth and boy that was challenge!!!! I need this portguese to be as clear as possible for me to understand and this guy didnt have teeth ha. I need to hurry and learn fast though because this transfer gets over in like 2 weeks and President was asking me how good I am with directions and everything so I might be training already. Ha it would be crazy if that happened. Plus I finally have a compánion  that I really like. Elder Searle is sweet. He has been here for like 5 months almost and still isnt the best at speaking but he can understand pretty much everything. I think I am almost as good as speaking but I just need to hear portuguese more so my brain can get used to it.
    I dont think that Greg has served here in this area. I really need to talk to him and find out where he served. I am right in the Pavelas!! There is no huge city where I am at. I like it. There is some good jungle also so its cool. I definitely am going to get back into shape also. We walk all day everyday! Ha the APs are definitely not treated like the APS in the states. They have like this crappy apartment, while the APS in the states have like a nice truck and like a 3 story apartment ha. It is pretty fun taking the Metro and busing around. You get to meet so many people!!!
      The food has been really really good!!!! I still get really hungry at night though since we just have a big lunch and no dinner but I have some good little snacks and stuff. The weather has been pretty hot so I´ve been drenched most days. Today is like 50 so its actually pretty cool out there. But everyone is getting ready for the world cup and is really excited about that. ha I guess my team is the Sao paulinos haha. The members make you have a team. The language is coming and I have faith in the gift of tongues so it´ll come quick!! Thanks for everything. I hope that everyone got a lot out of conference! Ha it was really good for the second time in the MTC. Lots of great inspired messages. Love you all a ton!! Love Elder Polatis
My 1st comp in Brazil--Elder Searle

New Mission President in Brazil--Elder and Sister Tanner

Add caption

Brazil MTC!!  cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment