Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ha, first mom, As I was reading that about those girls going through the temple it all came back to me! HAHA I remember that day perfectly. It was a little weird for me! It always kind of bugs me when people say that at 19 it is scary to go, it was scary for me at 22, it is always going to be scary to give up everything for something completely different than you are used to! Basta i have grown so much and I am loving it! Sister Kumar just reminded me this morning that I only have 100 days left....................YIKES!~!!!!

But For this week, We were so excited. We recieved a lot of referrals, the elders were playing basketball and these boys from our area walked across the street to play then they said we could go and visit them, So we went. We contacted all of them.....................then they walked away. :( Bummer deal. But one, His name is Melvin. He is 21. He was doing all he could to get them to stay but they wouldnt, so he listened. He was not interested. He just wanted to hear me speak. So we started and he was distracted, but then we started talking about prophets. I told me we have a living prophet today and he focused in. He was asking so many questions about it and then we moved to the apostasy. I guess he attended the Catholic church earlier yesterday but he said he just felt weird. He said that something just wasn't right. So at the end he asked if he could go with us to church next Sunday to see if it feels right, which was fine with me! So he ended up taking the pamphlet and he said he wanted us to come back! I was so excited. I really think he has a lot of questions and he just needs a little push to the truth and then he will be fine!
So last week, one of our members was working with us and she told us she had a friend that she wanted us to teach. So we go like into the jungle (ha not really, it just seemed like it) so we are walking and I was at the very back but I hear something in the bushes and Sister Kumar takes a step forward and then I see this HUGE BLACK SNAKE!!! Oh my gosh I was freaking out! It is so big! But I just stopped walking because I felt like it was going to eat my leg or something, Medyo dramatic haha but Sister Kumar starts to scream and our member who is with us is just dying of laughter. It went away but she just acted like it was no big deal!
So we climbed the mountain top again to go check on the sister who is pregnant! Well we get to her house and we see her out chopping this wood stuff and collecting something clear at the bottom of this hill, her back was turned from us, so I am thinking that she had her baby, NO!!! She was still pregnant. I couldnt believe it! What a strong women. She is still 9 months pregnant but chopping wood so she can cook later. She was helping her boys prepare the wood to go sell it! I was so shocked. Maybe next week she will have her baby. But she did tell us when she has her baby she will come to church. She has 11 kids right now, like 8 of them are boys and I have never seen such hard working little boys. They had gunny sacks full of wood to take to sell, about 5 of them were home so we shared with them then they went back to work, the oldest there was 13 and the youngest 8 they all go together and they just take turns carrying the bag down the mountain. I loved it! We met her one little son Jacky. He is 8 and he wants to be baptized so bad, he just sat right by me while we taught. I love them! They are all so cute. It only took us 30 minutes of climbing to get there so we want to visit them more often!
We are still finding, we find alot but yesterday it was low pressure so it rained and no one goes anywhere if it rains so our attendance at church was so low. We were both a little bit discouraged. But we know that if we do our best the Lord will take care of the rest. It is just learning how to be patient and getting on his time table. I know that we are preparing a lot of people right now and they will progress, it just takes a little time. I love you all! Be good and be safe. Sorry I dont have any pictures, i guess my card got a virus, So I can view my pictures but cant send them. I will take it to the computer guy next week and see if he can fix it for me! They love to help me. :) Really, I am glad that I am here. Even thought this area is harder than I am used to, we will figure it out! It can only go up from here!!! Love you family! Halong kamo da pirmi!
Palanga ko kamo!!!
Love Sis Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment