Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hi Family!!!! Tudddooooo bem!!!
  That pug already died!!:( Man that kind of made me sad and I didnt even know that dog. Darn it. Ha it sounds like everybody is doing good though. Maddy you should´ve just ran for some loser position in student council like your older brother, then it would´ve been guaranteed:) Wow I bet the next couple months are going to be full of really fun things!! Abby is getting home and Sam will be graduating. That is going to be some really exciting stuff.
   Well I have some exciting news for Granny..... I played the piano in Sacrament meeting yesterday:) Hahaha I haven´t practiced for like a year. They came and asked us if any of us could play the piano and no one could and I said mais ou menos (more or less) so we just sung the first him without the piano, but then I was looking through the rest of the hyms that we were going to be singing and I saw that the upcoming hyms were songs that i could play so I just jumped up there to play the sacrament hymn. Ha I don´t know what I was thinking but I actually did a pretty good job. There is a member who is getting married in like 3 weeks and she asked me if I would play the piano while she sung at her reception... haha I dont think so. But she is going to bring me a piece of the music to practice and see if I can do it. So I´m sure Grandma will be really happy about that.
    We had 5 investigators and church yesterday, but the ones that are supposed to be getting baptized this next Sunday did not come so we will have to push their date back. We have a member who is getting ready to serve a mission who is sharing the gospel really well and giving us quite a bit of refferals. We recieved a referral from another set of missionaries who told us that they found this Brazilian who lived in New jersey for most of her life, so we went over there and got to teach in English ha:) So much easier. Her husband doesnt know much though so we were still teaching in Portuguese also. The mom is pretty open and is for sure going to start reading the BOM but the husband is a little more against religion so we´ll see. Ha it is really hard to keep all of our investigators in order and I still am really confused about the area and where everyone lives but we found like 13 new investigators last week. That would never happen in the states haha. They aren´t the most solid but we´ll teach them. The language is coming along. I am starting to get pretty comfortable in lessons and I haven´t heard (no entende) that much this week so I think I`m getting better. Its still really difficult to understand people, unless I know what topic we are talking about, but I know that will come with time. Ha we have this recent convert named Carlos that wants to come and live at our house for who knows how long haha. I asked him what his plans were going to be if he came to the states and I don´t think that he really has any. Probably just wants to come and learn English better and enjoy the life in the states.
    The weather here has been pretty great. It´s probably been around 70s but it is so up and down here that I still am always drenched with sweat. Oh so I had to go and buy more stuff for my throat and the closest thing that they have is this inhaler thing that you put a pill into it and then it crushes it and then you just suck in the stuff. Really Ghetto!!!! Who knows if it will actually work, but that is what sister Tanner was told would be the closest to what I had. It should be good. My throat feels great and I still havent had any problems so I´m not worried about it. The food is really good here though and the Irmas really stuff you full ha. Other than that I think this week I have to go to this Police thing to go through all of my papers and stuff. We were all supposed to do it in the MTC but something happened so now we are going to do it this Wednesday. Our next transfer is already this next Tuesday!! Crazy stuff. Easter was great. We have a lot of chocolate to choose from thats for sure. It really seemed like just another work day though:) I´m loving it here and am really glad that I have this opportunity to bring the Gospel to these people that really need it. It is really fun getting to speak with a lot of people each day. The gospel is true!!! Keep up the great work everyone!! Love you All tons!!!
Love Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment