Monday, January 6, 2014

Hi Everyone!!
         Hey that might actually be some good news! Ha don't get my hopes up though. I just know that one Elder had to get some stuff renewed on his and then like 2 weeks later he had his visa so who knows. That would be really nice to get it right about now though because it is FREEZING!!!! It's like -35 out there right now with the windchill. Good thing that we have a full-time car now:) Yes and now I can drive so I feel a lot better about that too. But still even stepping out of the car sometimes it just hurts because its that cold ha. The cold here like pierces through all of your layers no matter how many you have on. I do love the thermal garmets though:) They are so comfortable to me and very warm so thanks again! 
      So as for Transfers, I am staying here with Elder Ragozzine as a district leader for another transfer. I was definitely good with that. I love it here in Iowa City and we are really starting to get some members going. But guess who is in my district now.................... ..................... Sister Broome!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha I couldn't believe it. She was so excited and couldn't wait to tell Angie about it. Ha I just think it is so funny how Sister Broome has been so intertwined with all of us out in Roberts. She is really great. I had to give her a blessing the other day because her Grandma died:( I felt so bad. She said that she is set on staying out even though her family and some friends think that she is being selfish for not coming home to be with her family during this rough time. But Sister Broome has it down and knows that this is where Heavenly Father wants her to be. So she is pushing through, but it is really good to have her in the District.
        Other news that is going on is this thing that we are doing with the ward. Our assistant ward mission Leader is calling every member and getting us appointments with them and also trying to set up a time with every male member a time when they can come out with us. Ha I am pretty excited! He has it all typed up on his laptop and everything so it's legit:) Hopefully some of these residents here can find some time to come out with us. We do have a good lesson set up with a member and this lady that has been coming to church with members. It will be our first lesson with her so it'll be good to get another new investigator. We had 4 this last week:) Ha the only problem is that they are 2 couples that are not married!!!!! So It will be a little more difficult but we are excited to work with them and to have our teaching pool get boosted a little bit. Kerris (the mom of the family that just got baptized) stood up and bore her testimony again yesterday and it was really good. Ha she sat back down and tapped me on the back and asked me if I ever brag to people that she is my recent-convert haha I thought that was pretty funny. So she is getting a little cocky but she has been in the scriptures and is learning quite a bit so I'm proud.
         I would have to agree with you on that one that being able to study as much as you get to out here is definitely a blessing:) I think I have read the Book of Mormon almost 5 times now ha. And I have been doing it with this study guide that I found in the apartment so that is awesome. You get to see all of the insights from apostles and prophets!! Ha and I found a study guide for the pearl of Great Price so I read that with it and it was amazing:) The mission does give you this firm foundation that I love to have and don't think that I would've gotten until I was like 30 or something not going on a mission. Well have a great start to your new year!! Love you all!!
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment