Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hiii Family!!
      How is everyone doing? It sounds like you are just going with the flow of life which is sometimes just the way to do it. Ha and yea we have interviews this Thursday with President so maybe he is just holding it a secret until then. I was emailing some of my buddies that got their visas and made it down there and yea I guess you do have to get trained all over again. That will be pretty weird going back down to a trainee from district leader, but maybe this is the Lord's way of showing me that I need some more humbling ha. They told me that it is so hot there and that they actually miss the cold. Ha so I am kind of greatful for that because the weather has actually been pretty well as of late. I think that it is supposed to get cold again this week though.
       So some good things happened this week and also some really crazy things. An awesome thing is that we set a date with Amber for the 1st of February:) She accepted it and said that she has a lot of reading to do. Ha so Elder Ragozzine let her use his cd's that have the Book of Mormon on tape and hopefully she has just been eating that stuff up. I guess we will see tonight at our lesson with her at a member's home. She seriously knows almost all the members, so I think that she will remain active and will have a really tough time falling away. Our other investigators really didn't even meet with us this week which was really rough because we were getting ready to get them on date and make sure that they got to church. We taught this less-active lady who has stopped going to church sense she was a teenager and now she is about 27 and married and it was pretty sad because she was telling us all about how when she is about ready to give up and things are just being too tough on her that she gets on her knees and prays. But her husband is basically and atheist so he doesn't believe in any of that stuff. I reminded the less active lady about the plan of Salvation and how she can be with her family forever and she remembered it and everything but I think that her husband has kind of made her not believe it. So I asked him if he would want to be a family forever and he said of course but that he doesn't think that it will ever be like that. Then we offered to say a prayer as we left but he wouldn't let us so I felt bad that he was that hard hearted and wouldn't even let us leave with a prayer. So that was sad and then that same night we got a call from this lady telling us that if we ever came back that she would call the cops on us. Haha people sometimes are really frustrating. A lot of people just always have this depressed look on their face and just don't look happy, if only they knew that what we were sharing would bring them that happiness that everyone is looking for.
       Everything is all good here though! We are having a tri-zone p-day today so I will get to see a lot of my old companions so that should be really fun. We also have exchanges out in Belle Plaine on Wednesday so I'm excited to go out there and see how the work is going clear out in the boonies. Dillon Family is doing well. I think Kerris still has a little bit of a hard time accepting that no other church has any priesthood from God, but that will come over time. Oh and we had dinner with a member that served here when Uncle Dirk was the mission president here and he wanted to know Dirk's email address? He said that Uncle Dirk was awesome. Well I hope you all have a great week and have some goals of sharing the gospel for this new year:) Love you!!!
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment