Monday, January 6, 2014

How are you all doing this week? Oh my word?? This week went crazy fast I cant even believe it!!! 

So Monday we had an activity with our ward missionaries! We went to Ceferina beach! It reminded me a little bit of Costa Rica except that the water was brown! But they brought food and we played games on the beach! It was pretty fun! Our single adults are awesome! 

So first! New Years was great! We worked in the morning, but had to be home by 5! There are so many fire works on the ground and not really safe for us! But that didnt stop our fun haha we cooked, and then people started bringing us food! HAHA oh my food! So much food! But we bought some sparklers (HAHA i am scarred for life, after my experience with lindsey like a million years ago) But I got the courage and we lit the sparkler and we wrote our names and they were only 5 pesos so that is about as long as they lasted! HAHA New Years is a big deal around here! But we stayed up, until 10;45 then both of us were tired so we slept until 11;45 then woke up to ring in the new year with our orange soda haha then went back to bed hahaha WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!!! 

Our teaching have been going really great! We are finding more people everyday and I love it! 

On Thursday we had this guy come up to us, he asked if he could observe the church, so of course we told him yes! But we set an appointment with him and we taught him. He believe in prophets and really has such a strong testimony! He came to church and bore his testimony haha I think he is ready! HAHA he is 44 years old and always is telling us how he knows we are called of God because we are 23 years old and have dedicated our lives to God. We are pretty excited about him! He works for the mayor or something, and he says he likes to read, so we thought, YES thats perfect because we have something for you to read! HAHA

So funny story, so Thursday we go out and we have 2 ward missionaries with us, A boy and girl! Well we go to this house and this lady just keeps telling me how pretty I am and She isnt really wanting to listen to us, just making comments about my looks! So she was cleaning and mopping. So finally I kind of just took over, so I started pumping the water into this bucket and it was kind of a big bucket but then I picked it up to carry it, everyone just started at me, saying that they thought I was "High maintenance" that they didnt know I was strong haha! Guess all those years of lifting overweight people paid off! HAHA

Saturday, we had the baptism of Sister Sophia! It really was a good baptism!! She was so excited! She is 14 years old, her dad and sisters are members but he mom isnt! So we will start working with her mom, hopefully this week! 

Really it was a good week! Lots of teachings, so hopefully it continues! Sunday was a good day! If you were to attend relief society here you would think people are yelling at each other and are mad haha it is so loud but that is just the tone of the accent! HAHA

Sister Manosig and I are good! We are preparing to go to Bacolod right now for MLC tomorrow! There was an early transfer this last week, but we both think that we will stay together for 1 more! So it should be fun!!! 

I love you all! I miss you! But things are good! I got a letter from Aunt Jo and Aunt Gayla!! Tell them thanks!! Also Aunt Sandy, she is faithful writer even when I am a bad pen pal!!! Be good and be safe! Maddy, snowboard for me, well it sounds like you are gone everyday so maybe you already are! HAHA Dad I wanna go! Maybe you should make an annual Philippines trip!!! Or just one haha I know the church is true!!! The Book of Mormon is true!!!! Have a good week! 

Love Sister S Polatis!!!! MWAHHHHHH
at the beach





HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment