Monday, January 13, 2014

How are you all?--------I think I start every letter out like that!!! But I really do wonder! HA
That is crazy about your weather! Really, here it has been cold to! The people are saying that this is abnormal, it is raining and windy and I feel a little like I am in Idaho! In the morning it is funny because Sister Manosig and I both just stand and stare at the water coming from the shower before we actually get in because it is so darn cold haha we finally get the guts and jump in! We have mastered the 6 minute shower! :)  This morning tho, we couldnt take it so we boiled some water and did a 50/50 shower---start with cold and end with the warm! Super nice! haha 

Well anyways, this week was a good week! We started it out by going to Bacolod for MLC! That was on Tuesday! Like all the elders that were in the MTC with me were there! They were pretty funny! We were all just way excited to see eachother!  President feeds us, and it was American and Filipino food----Baked potatoes! I never thought I would miss it but it was so good! Nice little taste of home! Our Training was good, really most of them were focused on our purpose and aligning our will with Heavenly Father! Such a strong spirit and it always makes your think if you are giving it your all or not? And if you arent, we have time to start now! So it was pretty awesome! 

So Wednesday we went to Cadiz and we gave the training, I love giving the training's  Like reviewing what I learned and I feel like I learn more when I teach it! It was good and I never really stress, and that is how I feel the spirit working! Hopefully they learned something! 

But for our teaching! We have a good round of investigators. All are really committing and having desire! It is always my favorite when they ask about the Book of Mormon, because it means that they are reading! 

First, Sister Corazon! She is 78 years old. She was a referral! She has such a good heart and is willing to do what he commitments. I think I love her so much because she reminds me of Grandma! She has this garden and she is always in it. She wears her little hat and her boots with her shorts and just goes to work! She bore her testimony in gospel essentials class and you can just see the change that she is experiencing! She speaks so much tagalog to me, so little by little I get what she is saying! Her baptism is in January 25!!! 

We have so much potential right now in our area! The people are so receptive and it is a huge blessing to see that! Most of all our investigators are progressing!

I went on Exchanges with Sister Hemi! She is from New Zealand and we had so much fun! I think we laughed the whole time! We stayed focused on what we needed to do but we still were super open and chatty! We taught alot of lessons! I always feel like I learn from them a lot more than they learn from me! 

We didnt have a baptism this week which kind of bummed me out but we will start up again next week! I am way excited for it! I know that I really couldnt do any of this without the Lords help! People are being prepared and ready for us and he is the one that leads us to them! I love it! Legit no??? But the church is true! I love you all! Keep being great! I always am bragging about how I have the best family! I got the letter from the Stake Presidency, so tell them thanks for that! I can always recognize dads handwriting!- tell everyone hi for me! Of course Lou would be vacationing.......always! Be good and be safe-----yup still waiting on a letter from Sam and Maddy!---maybe the email just gets lost every week--ya little palagpats!! write me!!! Miss you all! LOVE YOU!!!
Love Sister S Polatis
Farming in the Philippines

Birthday party for Sister Analiza

All of these 6 foot giants

Elder Parry--same batch as myself

Christmas time with Sister Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment