Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hey Hey! It sounds like you are all doing great! Enjoying the cold! But Maddy, living it up on the snow hill! What a palagpat! HAHA Well I love you all and really am greatful for your prayers! We had such a good week! So much fun! 

So first, Our week was really how it usually goes! We are finding like crazy in order to continue to keep our vision of "Weekly Baptisms" going! So we are trying always to find and prepare! It was so good and we received a lot of little miracles this week! We were able to find and really the Lord had already prepared them for us! We were so excited! 

Transfers were this past week BUT I stayed here in Victorias and Sister Manosig and I stayed companions! We were both so excited! We are feeling comfortable here and we are getting to know that members and build the trust so that was a blessing for us! 

We are teaching this guy right now, Rhandie. He is 44 years old, he is the one who approached us outside of the church and asked if he could go inside. The bars and gates around the church give a false impression to people haha but of course we told him yes. But he has come to church 3 times and every time he always tells us after that he felt something and that the knows this church is the true church! We both feel that he has leadership potential! He reads and really wants to be better. He already asks about the priesthood and when he will receive a calling! He has some trials in his life right now but he tells us all the time that he knows through prayer God will comfort him and help him! He is legit!

My first experience of this in the mission, but we had a District baptism! There are 3 sets of missionaries in our District and we all had 2 candidates! It was so fun and the baptism service was awesome! Grabe gid ang spirit! Everyone showed up and wore their church clothes and it was so reverent! I loved it!

Sister Arabella. She is the mom of our newly baptized member Sister Rubi but she was a little harder at the first because she is sick, but she bore her testimony and she got all teary and said that it took her 9 year old daughter to get to here and she knows that her health has been better because she is praying and doing her best to keep the commandments! That the Holy Ghost is protecting her! She will be strong and I love it because now Sister Rubi has an example. She has support! That is the beauty of the Gospel being a blessing to families! We support each other and help each other!-------Every thing has a purpose! 

Sunday we had the interview of our 78 year old investigator! She rocked it! She is so ready, I am a little nervous for her being immersed in the water but we will prepare her and hopefully it will be fine! I love her! She is so cute, She will speak Hiligaynon to me but Tagalog to Sister Manosig haha

But it was really good! I am so grateful for this opportunity! I love being a missionary! I love the Book of Mormon and everything in it! I had a big question in my mind if I was asking effective questions when I taught or if they werent really a help, but I was reading this morning in Ether and even the Lord asked the Brother of Jared Inspired questions so I know that it is important, ha that no matter what questions can be answered through reading! Everytime! Always a testimony builder! But I love you all! I hope that you are all doing great and staying safe! I love you all! Have a great week!
Love Sister Sarah Polatis
Sister Arabella




Sister Girdlyn Ward missionary

Elder and Sister Anderson-couple missionaries


District Baptisms!! WOW

John Mark--my great friend

No comments:

Post a Comment