Monday, January 6, 2014

Hey family! 
You all sound like you are doing amazing! that is what I like to hear! I am super happy that you received my package and that you liked it! I thought that the nativity was perfect! ha Elder Adams is super nice! I am glad that he got it to you safely and that he talked me up a bit on the mission! I am glad that I paid him off well before he left! haha just joking! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOU! Sorry a little late! It was written on my planner and everything! but you are great and I love you! 
This week has been super crazy: 
TRANSFER NEWS: Well I bet none of you guessed where I am going this week........ Drum roll please... uh russ..... drum roll...... joy to the world.... (from: christmas vacation) I AM STAYING IN MIHAI BRAVU as sister training leader again! this city must love me too much to let me go! I am breaking all sorts of records! this is my 7th transfer in this same city! only 4th in a row.. ha but still! It is more than half of my mission. Sisters only have 12 transfers total! The mission was shocked that I stayed in the city. President told me this whole time that I would be leaving but it was a big surprise to see that I am staying! But I am excited to travel the country once more and to help the sisters across the country! I will be serving with Sora Peterson. She is amazing!! I am so so excited! I did an exchange with her a few weeks ago and she is amazing!  
New Years Eve: Well New Years Eve was pretty fun! We had to go and clean my old apartment for about 4 hours and the panduri sisters came and helped us so it went pretty smoothly! After that we met up with the district to get a good dinner for the night.. well of course nothing is open so we ended the year on the great note of some mcdonalds! - I think when I get home I will never eat there or KFC again! But it was fun then we went to the office and played games and then went up on the roof and watched the fireworks all around the city! it was so so cool! Everyone was putting on their own little show.. so the whole city was lit up! Our apartment it super close to the office so it was really nice! 
New Years Day: We had a lovely Italian Dinner at the Bakers house. Sora Deruvo my companion was the head chef- she is from Italy. So the food was so good! We had our whole district and President and Sora Hill came over! it was a lot of fun! We also watched the new movie Frozen that day! it was super cute! I love disney movies and the messages that they bring to the world! ha That snowman olaf was so so funny!! 
Lesson: Well the other night when we went block knocking we ran into this really nice lady! So we went back and had a lesson with her! We talked about the book of mormon! Her neighbor was also over there. She was leaving to Germany the next day! So it was really inspired that we went and visited her the night we did.. I am glad that we didnt miss her! So we gave her a book of mormon and got her number and we will get it to the Germany Mission. But seriously the lesson was so so great! the Book of Mormon is amazing! People just have to read it and then they can't deny the truth of the words in the book! We all bore testimony and the spirit was so strong! One of my companions said the closing prayer and the neighbor lady was in tears! it was so amazing! We are going to go back and teach the neighbor now! 
Office Building on Fire! So the other night... not our floor of the mission office but 3 floors down started on fire.. our office elders were in the building but they got out and all our safe! They have videos of them getting interviewed on tv so i will copy and paste the links. 



Rude landlord Lady: So you know how we went and cleaned my old apartment forever on New Years eve.. Well we met with my owner of the apartment and she was not a happy camper. Well she is a lawyer here. We went with the senior couple the Bakers and with my companions. She tried ripping us off with money right when we walked in the door. I could not believe it! She then went through the house and wants us to basically replace everything! She then kept looking at us and saying how dirty and horrible we are. I could not believe it. The reason why I bring up this story is because all of the damages that we have to pay for we done before I even moved into the apartment but I had to take all the heat for it. I just like nice reasonable people! I handed her my keys and I was happy to be out of that place! I will be moving into a new place this week! bless her! 
But this week will be great! I will be moving into my new place and getting ready for the new year! We should all make a new years resolution to read the Book of Mormon this year!! I love it! I just love that God never lets us peak.. I was so worried that my mission had peaked after Sora Lund left but clearly God knows me better and it looks like I will continue to be traveling and never have a dull moment until I am laying back on the plane seat in about 4 months! So crazy! I can't believe it!!! I love you all thanks for being great! 
va iubesc! 
Sora Abby Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment