Tuesday, January 28, 2014

HAHA so there is never  dull moment here! It has been such a fast paced but extremely rewarding week!

Crazy story:
So Friday we are out doing what we do and we had the ward missionaries with us! Sister Emma and Sister Ginalyn! But we are working and it was about 8 pm so we were finishing up! We walk all the time and we always go to the church and sakay from there----it is like the middle for all of us! But as we were walking we weren't really paying attention just normal but Sis Emma like bumped this guy, and he freaked out ( I am pretty sure he is unstable mentally) But he turn around and started yelling at us----mostly me because I am the only white girl, Sister Ginalyn and Manosig like run, I am just trying to get away BUT he KICKED me! HAHA I didnt really know what to do, I was shocked actually I really had no idea what to do, so we start running away but he walked away like nothing happened! All of us were like "What" but I am alright, it was just weird to me! HAHA buang sia kaayo! 

 So Wednesday and Thursday we went on exchanges with the Sisters from Cadiz. I was with Sister Fotofili! She is legit! She is from Tonga! We had to much fun. They kind of have a hard area! Like it is far from the Church and they are both new there so we really just went at it! We were talking to like everyone we saw and I have just really gotten like crazy bold and my outgoing personality was a plus! We ended up meeting members, who have been less active forever! Inviting like everyone to listen! So hopefully it got a good start for them! I loved Sister Fotofili! She is a missionary from Tacloban so we talked about that! She is super strong! 

There have been a lot of little tender mercies in our area this week! Mostly for us! It has strengthened my testimony of people being prepared. A lot of people have come up to us! They have the desire and want to talk about how they can be better while they are here! I have loved it! 

So we are teaching this family! It is a husband and his wife and they have 2 small girls! There home was destroyed from the typhoon and the bishop actually helped them and in return they said said they would listen! At first it was like a courtesy thing, like they werent really interested but now little by little they are coming around! Well brother is...not sister! Every visit she listens but closes with, Catholic ako sisters, ang Dios prehas sia-Meaning it doesnt matter what religion you are as along and you are close to God! But Brother, he studied like a Bible class in Manila so he is pretty open to what we say! But this last visit was was the best, We invited him to be Baptized, and we showed him a picture of Jesus Christ and John the Baptist! He was like-" Ya, Jesus was a grown man when he was baptized, not a little kid, or a baby" So we explained that we need to follow exactly as he did! He didnt accept a baptism date, due to causing conflict in their marriage! But you could see his mind working and really processing what we were saying! Hopefully he will open his mind a little more and become more receptive! But he is a bible scholar! He was telling us about the apostoles. I hope he will continue and that sister will open her heart and her mind a little bit!  

Saturday we had the Baptism of Sister Socorro! She was so excited! As we waited we gave her a picture book to look and at the end she thought it was hers! She wanted to keep it! HAHA maybe that will be her baptism gift!  But we were a little nervous for her, because she is kind of old, going under the water but she was so little it was just easy for her! She is 78 years old! She has no husband, no kids. So she lives with her sister and her nieces and nephews! But in her testimony she was saying that they were giving her a hard time about being a "Mormon" but she told them that it feels right and it was her decision! She thanked us for me, I was just super happy that even though it was just her, you can tell that she has a testimony! That she knows that she is loved and really, she is not alone! She now just got a pretty big family! I loved it!

It was a good week! Time doesnt really seem to slow down! Just super fast! But It was good! I just finished the Book of Mormon, I was reviewing some of my old notes and study journal entries, it was weird how I learned new things from the same verses! Even thought so much changes here that is one thing that has been constant---my testimony of the Book of Mormon increasing! No matter what, it is there to help us! I love being a missionary! Super happy! 

I love you all! Thanks for doing all the junk to get me ready for school! HA hopefully my essays were alright! Hopefully it is fine so that I can just get started when I get home! HAHA lindsey sent me some pictures from her vacation,  fun! Maybe we could go there when I get home! They all look really good! Sam and Maddy, thanks for the letters-----HAHAHAHAHAHA just kidding there wasnt any! But thanks for your love and prayers! Miss you all! Be good and be Safe!!!

Love Sister S Polatis! :)



finally got my Christmas Package from the Ward!!  THANK YOU!

Sister Manosig

Sister Ginalyn, Sister Emira and Bro. John Mark-beautiful Ocean front!

No comments:

Post a Comment