Monday, January 13, 2014

Hello Family!!!
        So how is everything? Things are starting to pick up here. We had 3 investigators at church yesterday!! It was really cool to finally have some people be there. It's really cool because these 3 people have some good connections with members in the ward so they have a lot of support. This one lady that came we are going to teach tonight at a less-actives home so we are going to kill 2 birds with one stone:) But we have so many members that want us to teach in their homes so they need to start finding people and then we will come teach them in their home;)
         We found two new investigators last week and have 3 potentials this week that should become investigators this week. Our teaching pool has tripled in these past couple weeks, it's awesome. I don't even think that we did very much finding this week because we had a pretty good amount of appointments to get to. Ha but of course some of the investigators aren't too promising and can't really meet with us all that often but it's just really good to have a good amount of people to work with. Ha so yesterday at church a member came up to me and asked me if I saw him a couple weeks ago when I was on my bike. And I was like yea I remember that. Then he asked me why I was on an exchange with a sister missionary?? Hahaha I just busted up laughing!! Elder Ragozzine has this pretty big trench coat so it kind of looks like a skirt and then he used to ride this purple girl bike so it made sense, but I thought that was pretty funny. Man not a lot went on this week ha I'm struggling to think over what happened this week. Sister Moon cut our hair the other day so now no more swoosh or whatever you guys called it. We also got our 2013 Iowa Des Moines cd just showing all of the baptisms for the mission so that was really cool, even though a couple of my baptisms weren't on there:( ha jk its all good. The music that they put with it is awesome so we watch the video pretty often just to listen to the music. Ummm.... We also went and contacted this referral from the sisters who serve in the 4th ward. Ha I don't think they told this referral that we would be coming instead of them so she was a little surprised, but we did manage to get in and teach her. She is pretty rich and lives in a nice house so it was pretty out of the ordinary for her to be interested. But she also had a family so we were excited to teach her. But then she started asking all of this deep doctrine stuff and about temples, I guess she read the book "the Godmakers" or something so she kind of started to bash with me ha. She was saying how Jesus never worked in secret so how come we have all this secret stuff. haha Pretty lame excuse for not wanting to learn more about it. It was frustrating but towards the end I Just stopped talking to her and listened and then I just told her that she can invite us to do something and we will invite her to do something. So she invited us to pray about if we should focus more on Christ then just on our church haha I was like okay, and then I invited her to read the introduction to the Book of Mormon and then to pray if she should read it. So I'm glad it ended good:) We'll give her a call this week. Other than that, all of our other lessons have been going great. Ha we taught this couple that isn't married about the plan of salvation and taught them how the gospel will bring you back to live with Heavenly Father and he just understood it really well and said that of course he wants to live with him again, so it was really cool because before when we just met him he didn't care at all about what we were doing but now he is more realizing his purpose so it's great to see.
            Well sorry that its not very long but I just can't remember a lot of things that went on. I am very grateful to be out here that's for sure. I love being able to focus on the Lord and not have to worry about a lot of things that everyone else has to worry about. It truly is a unique and awesome time in my life. Have a great week. Love you!!
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment