Monday, January 13, 2014

Hey how is everyone! Well I have had a great week!! I love my mission so much! I feel bad that it is so cold in the united states right now. It is basically spring here! I am in denial that winter is ever coming! Yesterday I wore my coat and we went contacting at the park. I was getting hot! Everyone was out with their families! And today all of the missionaries in Bucuresti are going to a park and playing basketball outside! I love it! I hit my year mark in the country this week!!! Crazy!!! 
First and foremost I need to give a shout out to the Roberts 2nd Ward!!! I can't even fully describe how excited I was to get that great package!! Glenwood Jerky, homemade almonds, toothpaste, toothbrushes, chapstick, lotions, cards, candy, hot chocolate, scarf, granola bars, necklace, popcorn, make up... etc. etc. YOU ARE ALL AMAZING! I felt so loved! I will thank all of you individually when I get home... but thank you thank you thank you! You have always been like family to me! I hope that all of your holidays were great! Thank you for supporting me so much on my mission! I will try my best every day to represent the Roberts 2nd Ward! I also received the letter from the Stake Presidency! Thank you so much! I loved all the support! I can't wait to get home and hug all of you!!!! 

Well this week updates and news: 
1- I forgot to tell you guys this but about 2 weeks ago I cut my hair! ha When I found out I was staying in Bucuresti again I walked into the apartment and turned to my italian companion and said - "Hey lets cut my hair... I need a change!!" I told her "2in with some layers..." Well 4 inches off later it was complete! ha But I love it!! My hair goes super curly now and it is super healthy! I guess I am out on that competition! 
2- I became a Godmother again for the 12th time on my mission! Seriously.. the perks of being a "Buc Rat" I love it! We were able to nas 2 girls and they were so cute! We made sure we just spoke Romanian around them.. one was so cute! She said "I have no idea what you guys are saying but I love it!" We gave them each a romanian scarf too so they loved it! I get to go and do exchanges with a couple of them! I love it! 
3- I love Sora Peterson! She is so amazing! We wake up in the morning and work out everyday. She is amazing at the language! She already knew spanish before the mission. (She is half Dominican Republican) We have all the same goals and we get along like we have been companions for months instead of just 5 days. We speak Romanian all day to each other. The other night we got back to the apartment and it was hard to get back to English. We just keep going and did our nightly planning in Romanian! ha I love it! I feel like I am learning so much! Our apartment is great too! :) 
4- Just like Sarah I went to our MLC this week! it was really good! I feel like I eat at my mission presidents house at least once a week! We have a great breakfast in the morning with waffles and good maple syrup! (maple syrup is so expensive here!) We then talked about the mission and it was cool just how going back to the simple basics of the mission rules and obedience is what brings the biggest blessings! It was really fun because when I walked in I shook President Hills hand and said something like "Bucuresti again President... it is great to be here!" ha He then just said "Sora Polatis we just can't let you go!" So it was funny! The whole mission is shocked- by the end of this transfer I will have been in this city for 10ish months. But I love it! God knows me so well.. So much better than I know myself! This is exactly where I am supposed to be! 
5- My cities for this transfer will be- Sibiu- Ploiesti, Pitesti, Arad, and Timisoara! I am super excited! I have never been to ploiesti, pitesti, or Timisoara! So it will be another big adventure! 
6- Lesson with Raluca!!! She is so amazing! We went through the vision of Lehi! So cool! She understood it all really well and is now reading the Book of Mormon straight through! I was worried before the lesson because she seemed a little hesitant to meet ... but it was GREAT! One of the best lessons I have had with her! :) We are super excited to keep working with her! 
7- I have to give another presentation this week in zone training! It is all about speaking Romanian more and learning the language the best we can... yes i will be giving it in Romanian! ha wish us luck! 

Well that is about it for this week!! I am doing great! You all sound like you are doing great! Keep up the good work! I love you all so so much! Thanks everyone for writing me and for being great! I know that this church is true! God knows all of us so well. He loves us. I have made this great personal study plan to really study about Jesus Christ until the end of my mission.. I can hardly wait! :) Have a great week!!! 
va iubesc atat de mult! fiti buni! 
va pup!
Sora Abby Polatis 
Blocks built around this little church

beautiful tree that is reflected on building

wonderful package from Roberts 2 Ward!!  They are great loving women

Warm winter--me out contacting in the Park

View out my apartment window!! Love Buc

My new comp and our matching coats

No comments:

Post a Comment