Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Frumosilor! 
 We got pounded with snow here! Due to the fact that we had so much snow we all got permission to watch the disney movie frozen today! I love that movie! 
Well this week was crazy.. I slept in my own bed 2 times... I spent 26 hours on a train! 
Monday: 
Arad P-day! Super fun! I love the sisters in Arad-- That city is super cool and we had a lot of fun contacting and loving the missionary life! 
Tuesday: 
Arad exchange day-- Super fun! I was with Sora Bird.. She is super funny! She is in her second transfer! We went English contacting and then we had english class. That night we got on a train to go to Timisoara.. The train was super ghetto! ha We had like a bullet hole in the window we were sitting by. ha We just pray and God has our backs in this country:) 
Wednesday:
Exchange day in Timisoara! I was with Sora Merkley from Utah- She is 19... Super funny! It was my first time in Timisoara... such a pretty city! I guess it was where the revolution was started!
Thursday:
 We were home! We basically washed our clothes... did some weekly planning and then packed up for the next day! 
Friday & Saturday: 
Exchange in Ploiesti! I was with Sora O'Brien. We had a lot of fun!  They actually had a baptism!!!! It was super cool! Sora Peterson was just in Ploiesti so it was one of her old investigators.. - It was cool to plan our exchange that day so that she could be there for it! The girl is 18 years old and it was so cool! Baptisms are awesome! 
SATURDAY NIGHT: So this was a big adventure... It snowed so hard all day in Ploiesti.. After the baptism we really wanted to go home because the bed is pretty hard and we had been gone all week.. so basically it was a blizzard but we left their house at 6 ... went to the train station... Train delayed for 2 hours.. got some food... walked around in the blizzard.. made it back for our train... A train that usually takes only 45 minutes took us 3 HOURS to get back... so we arrived in Bucuruesti at midnight.. When we got off the train - news reporters were there because there was so many people on this late train. The metrous were closed so EVERYONE had to get a taxi to get somewhere.. So we were all waiting around. Nothing was happening.. it seems like every taxi in the company was busy-- so we went around to the side of the train station and I found a guy that would take us if we paid him double.. I just said "fine" ( keep in mind it is snowing super hard) So we get in.. and just prayed.. We told him we werent in a hurry.. but it was still rough. good news... we made it home alive!!!! At about 2 am! I think I could be dropped off in the middle of anywhere in any country and make it! :) ha of course with God watching over me! 

Yesterday we were a little bit dead.. and because of the snow we decided not to go to Sibiu this week. So that will probably be next week! We also had interviews today with President and Sora Hill. I love them so so much! They want the best for us and our so supportive! They get home one transfer after me- So they told me I will have to welcome them back home! President told me he and Sora Hill will always be a part of my life and they look forward to see great things from me!They are amazing!
I am super excited for this week! Don't get me wrong.. I love traveling.. but it will be nice to be in my own bed all week! And be able to work out every morning! I love being a missionary! I know that this church is true! Through Christ we can be forgiven and perfected in Him. His grace is sufficient daily for us to improve. I am so thankful for that aspect of the atonement! The Book of Mormon is True. The gospel was restored. Joseph Smith was a true prophet. Thomas S. Monson is our great prophet today! I love you all! I am so thankful for all your love and support! keep being great!!! 
va iubesc!
cu mare mare drag,
Sora Abby Polatis 
Arad-Sora Bird

Timi center

Sisters of Timi

Ploiesti with Sora Peterson--SNOW

Baptism at Ploiesti

Chapel in Ploiesti

District

SNOW

No comments:

Post a Comment