Monday, September 2, 2013

How is everyone doing? I miss you all.
This week just flew right by. But it was really a good one. On Monday we went out and went bowling with our ward missionaries. Ha even though it is so different I love it. Plus the little perch sitter who sets up the pins always makes me laugh. But funny story, so Monday we were doing our laundry and Sister Becerra had to do hers as well. Usually I do it up in my bathroom and her downstairs in her bathroom, but we decided to do it both downstairs so we could talk at the same time. Well we are sitting down and it all wet of course from rinsing and what not, well it was time for the last rinse and I reached for the fabric softener and my flip flop slipped, now there isnt alot of room in the bathroom and there were buckets everywhere but i was flailing all over to find something to grab, oh my gosh, ended up in my bucket hahaha we all were just dying of laughter. I need to tell President we need a maid, laundry is a dangerous business. So funny. But this week we found a new investigator. He is 23 and awesome. We start talking to him and he tell us that he used to work like a night shift or something and to stay awake he would read, WELL he has read the whole Book of Mormon. I was so shocked and so happy. He told us he already believes that the church is true. He just is trying to find time to attend church. It is insane how the Lord works.  He was just sitting on the basketball court and as we walked by he told us he had time if we wanted to talk to him. I was so happy. Made my day!! It has been super super hot here this week. Usually it will rain to cool it off but really it hasnt rained that much. Which is fine by me, I am not necessarily a fan of the rain. Everything is really green right now, well at least when we have to travel we seen green other places haha our area is too city, still pretty dirty. We have been doing our online proselyting, really it is mostly sharing mormon messages and stuff. We try to focus it on topics that people will be intrigued by, so hopefully it works. We have been trying to stay focused on our Recent Converts. We have now 26 in our ward, and if we keep baptizing we will have more and we want to make sure that they always have a friend or something so that when we leave they will feel comfortable. We followed up with our RC Rodney, he was baptized in June. Still so legit. He was just made the Ward Clerk. I love it. He has such a strong testimony and I know that he will be awesome at it. Made me happy to see him progress. Saturday we had a baptism, Sister MaryJoy and Brother Jonfren. So so cute. They are a Mom and a son. We want to teach her husband, but he was always working. Maybe we can try again. It would be awesome. The baptism went really smooth. They both bore a good testimony. I was super happy for them. That feeling is really such an awesome feeling. I love it. The YW from our ward our incredible. They support almost everything that we do and they did a musical number. I really appreciated all the help. Makes everything go smoother. So Sunday, the other sisters in our ward were taken out. One of the Sisters got sick and was sent home. So we are back to just the 2 of us until transfers probably, hopefully. Our area is huge and we needed them. But Sunday we had a decent attendance. I loved it. But a boy from our ward just returned from his mission. He just bore testimony of how great it was and how not one second of his mission he considers to be wasted. That was just the attitude that I wanted to take. That being here is great. I love it. Everyday even the hard ones that we are learning and growing. I loved it. Went crazy fast but this week was definitely a good one. I love you all. Thanks for all the prayers and everything. I miss you all but seriously I know that this is where I am supposed to be right now. The people here are so nice. Everyone all the time super friendly. We have had water and sugo (electricity) so maybe that is why I am loving life so much, the little things matter. HAHA but have a good week. Have a great holiday...weekend. Tell everyone I love them and hope they continue to do great!! Mwah!!!
LOVE
Sister S Polatis

bowling!!!  Kids set up pins!!

all of us bowling

try to kill this bad boy!!

Our baptism--Sister Mary Joy and Bro. Jonfren

Young women in our Branch


No comments:

Post a Comment