Monday, September 16, 2013

My new area--La Carlota!!

Ha, Well what a week! A very long but good week!, Tate and Abby both seem like they are doing so awesome! 
But for me, oh my word! What a change! I was transferred to La Carlota!! It is about 2 hours away from my first area! So all that is here is sugar cane and muddy feet! ! Bukid Bukid gd! It is as far south as the sisters can go! My companion is Sister Batalero! She is from Bikol. So from the pines, She is awesome! She is 20 almost 21. We really just laugh a lot because we are both still trying to figure out how we work together!! She is constantly teaching me how to speak, I know but more correctly haha. It isn't  a ward, it is a branch! At church on Sunday we had 70 people! So it was kind of different! But still nice. I love it!! The people here are all so nice. Super welcoming. We will hopefully be finding as we visit the Less active families, there are so many!! Hopefully we can get it back to a ward status. I am still trying to learn the names of people! And our area. It is so confusing! I am the Senior companion and Sister Batalero is JR but she has been in the area, so she leads the area and I lead everything else!! 
But seriously So much SUGAR CANE!! One of our areas is right in the middle of the sugar cane factory. Right now it is harvest time. I was a little bit homesick, at night here it reminds me of Rigby! So crazy! The weather nice and since it is harvest all the trucks were full of sugar cane lined up to be harvested! Really it looked the same as grain and potato harvest!! But I will be fine! Not to sick!:) Any ways, I like it! The city was really dirty, here is so much different! We live in a house. We have 2 other sisters that live with us! Sister Lumancas and Sister Emelio! They are so funny. We have had a good week. Already we have been teaching a few people and have them lined up for baptisms! Our one investigator, his name is Rhance. He is 26 and super elect! He Is keeping all his commitments and he really has a desire to come close to Jesus Christ! He accepted a baptism date for Oct 6!! He speaks really good English! He is awesome! So we are excited to get our mission vision up and running here. 
We have zone conference on Wednesday! I am pretty excited. I am excited to see who Sister Livingston is Training!! I hope that she does alright!! Maybe it will help her step it up a bit! I guess it has too! 

I am so excited that it is harvest time!! That is awesome!! Keep up the good work!! I miss you all and love you! The church is true. I love this work and know that the gospel really blesses the family! That by study and prayer all things really will work! This week I focused my studies on overcoming trials and stuff, all the answers lead to Faith, and Prayer! So easy!! Just trusting the Lord. He has a plan for us and wants the best! Just continue forward with faith!! HALFWAY BABY!!! It really went so fast!!! MWAH!!! LOVE  YOU!!
Love Sis S Polatis!!


our old District

Walking my bridge--weird to have landscape

caught in rain storm

My new area--filled with sugar cane fields!

Caribou hooked to this wagon and filled with sugar cane

My one and only snacking on sugar cane--this could kill your teeth!!

Ward missionaries

First family that I met in my new area

No comments:

Post a Comment