Monday, September 23, 2013

  Hola familia!!!
 
8515 douglas ave. #19
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
 
          Well there is the mission office address:) Maybe those mystery packages will show up now ha. So how is everything going? 
     Its been a pretty decent week. We went on exchanges with some Elders in our district last Wednesday, and then they took the car back to their area. The one Elder and I had an appointment with the Dillon Family ( the family that is getting baptized) but they had to cancel because it was someones birthday, so we went and saw this potential that we met the week before and she let us right in. She was so open to everything and just so nice to us. She recognized the Spirit better than I think anyone I have taught has. She accepted the baptismal invite and we have another appointment with her tomorrow. I told her that we would love to teach the rest of her family so hopefully they get involved tomorrow. As for the Dillon Family, we didnt even get a lesson with them all week long!! Ha I was pretty frustrated. They all still came to church and everything though and the Mom said that she wants to be baptized as quick as possible. Ha hopefully she is keeping the commandments because we are looking to next Saturday to get her and her kids baptized. Not sure about the dad yet, but he still comes every week too. Its really awesome that she is sensitive to the Spirit and can fell a difference when she comes to church. She says she has to be there or she feels drained throughout the week. We also had the little 11 year old black kid named shawn come and his mom came with him. I guess the older brother cant get baptized because he is on probation right now. So I guess we will have to wait until he gets off probation. So all in all we had 6 people come to church yesterday. Its been a great transfer for getting people to church, ha mainly because of that family.
        We are teaching that other Mongolian lady too. Its hard to tell if she is getting everything but she responds like she does. We have been giving her all of the pamphlets in Mongolian so she can go over it at home after we teach it to her. I also called the mission office and are having them send me some Portuguese Books of Mormons and some pamphlets. Hopefully we can get in to teach this couple here pretty soon. Ha we taught that baptist guy again and he is just trying to put down everything so he's a waste of time now. Ha too frustrating for me.
        Everything is going great though!! Shawn is set to get baptized this week unless he wants to wait and get baptized with his mom. I think he is excited about it! I love seeing the excitement in peoples eyes when they realized that they can come closer to the savior and he can give them that relief. Well after studying the Book of Mormon for 6 months I have realized that back at home when I used to read I didnt really pay attention to what I was reading. That book is so amazing. I love when people ask me a question and I can just answer it with the Book of Mormon, or I can study it after they have asked me and then things just jump out at me about that topic. I hope everyone is getting their spiritual in-take daily!!:) Keep being the amazing family that you are!! I love you all!!
 
Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment