Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hello everyone!! 
 But this week was a good week! It went by super fast. My pictures this week arent that exciting but next week I will try harder. But that is funny about the pictures of me whistling, I hope I looked good:) We were doing an activity and the Elders who were in charge of it speak so soft so I whistled and it got everyones attention, next thing I knew they were making me come to the front! HA then later everyone wanted me to teach them how!  

Tuesday we had to prepare to go to Bacolod. We needed to be there by 4 and it takes 2 hours by bus. So Yes, I experienced my first bus ride. It was super hot but actually really fun seeing different things and different towns. Of course no Air-Con just opened windows, so definitely no chance of me looking good. We just let the wind blow in our hair and enjoyed the ride. It actually went really fast! We stayed with the sisters from the 3rd ward! I forgot to take a picture but they were fun and it was actually kind of weird going back into the city!! 

But we had an awesome zone conference! Next month we have our mission tour. Russel M Nelson is coming so for conference it was like a Mock trial. We had to make sure everything would run smoothly. I love zone conference. I ran into Sister Davis. Man I missed her!! We are like praying that we will companions one day! Tani, it would be sweet! But our focus for the conference was the Atonement. Not just using it when we have sins but for helping us become a better people. The spirit was so strong the whole time! President showed us a movie about the atonement and to be honest I think I cried the whole time! I sometime feel like I am doing this alone, and of course I know that I am not. But that is when I need to learn how to rely on the Savior. Not just in the bad time but all the time! So really, I think that the conference was specifically for me! HAHA seeing other missionaries, I LOVE IT! Sister Livingston is doing great and really she seems so good! The other sisters said that they slept at their apartment and they said she reminds them of me haha so I guess I did something right! It made me miss 5th ward tho!  But I am exited for next month! It should be really fun!! 

We came back and worked. It was actually kind of a rough week as far as teaching goes. Not a lot of people were home so it killed us! But we had a lot of fun walking and talking. It is crazy like since I have a pina companion I am a little more brave when it comes to eating. We stopped and bought banana-q from a street vendor, No worries, we are careful! She eats the meat from the street, but I dont! No way! Ha but we practice speaking. Telling stories or trying to tell stories of past life haha it is funny I bet people would die if they tried to follow our conversations! I love her tho! Sister Batalero is awesome! We get along pretty well!

Friday Sister B was sick, and to be honest I HATED IT! HA she slept so I studied, and studied and read and studied, It gave me way to much time to think! Go for knowledge but other than that I was going crazy! It was a testimony builder, WORK!! You never think about yourself when you are helping others!! 

We are still teaching Brother Rhance and Brother Mark. They are both so ready and super awesome. Both have crazy strong testimonies and desire. On Sunday we had the interview for Mark. They elders both came out and just were telling us how ready he is and that he is an awesome investigator! So we have his baptism next week!! I am excited. This week we are going to focus alot on finding new people. The ones we are teaching aren't really moving forward so we need to find people with desire and ready-ness. It will be tough but we got it!  I had to speak in church! My topic was baptism so I mostly just focused on the covenants of Baptism! They are so important!!  I even spoke mostly hiligaynon so YAY!!! Improvement! Sunday night was awesome, So it has been a couple days of this typhoon rainy-ness. So even with umbrellas you are soaked. So by the time we got finished with meetings and studying and the rain it was pointless to go out! But we stayed home and did language study. All 4 of us! Well Sister Batalero wants so bad to speak English! So I made her practice teaching in English and she made me practice teaching in HIligaynon! We have created a Language study plan that will help us both!! But we laughed a lot last night! Super funny.

Thanks everyone for the letters! And especially all the pictures!! It made me feel so good and shimpre so loved. I have the best family every!! I know that this church is true. I love being here! Even when it is hard, I know I am growing because of it! The book of Mormon, man it is crazy, I can be having a weird feeling day but the second I read I feel strength and the stories, no matter where I am relate to me!! It really is the word of GOD! I love you all! I miss you everyday but I know that I will see you all soon! Just take care and be good! MWAH!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL! 

Sister S Polatis!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment