Tuesday, August 27, 2013


Hey family!!!!!
          Haha well Mom you are right, I definitely would have called you from the airport if I got my visa so yep I am still here. I guess there was only 3 sisters that got it!! I cant believe it. And they even came out a transfer behind me. That visa system is nuts!! So yea there are still 8 of us Elders from the MTC here in Iowa. I talked to President Jensen about it and he was telling me that brazil is needing their missionaries, so now they are not waiting for the transfer. I guess when its here you are gone!! So now I could be heading out any time. As for transfer doctrine. We are getting trainee so we are going to be in a trio again, should be fun. That will give me some more time to study the language while Elder Winchester is training him. We are back in a car share again too so a lot more walking is on the way.
       As for this week, not a lot happened. Found a new family of 3 that is pretty interested and needs the gospel so we are going to start working with them. But sheesh a lot of appointments were falling through like crazy!! That one lady did come to church again though and brought her daughter with her. I guess she stood up in relief society and told everyone how much she loved this church and stuff so that is sweet. Now if only she would let us come and teach her haha. She always says that she is just really busy with work and stuff. But a member was telling me that this lady asked her why she needed to be baptized again to be a member of the church..... Ha She just needs to let us teach her a ton more!!! We confirmed Odmandakh this sunday and after the confirmation this lady just leaned over when I sat back down and said she felt this huge "energy" I was like yep, that is what you call the Spirit of God. She just needs to be taught and baptized so this week we are really going to work on just sneaking over to her house one of these evenings and just teaching a short lesson.
     But yea Odmandakh was baptized last Saturday:) Great guy!! I just wish I could communicate with him more. I wish he was Brazilian:) But the few words he could speak in English was " I feel so happy!!" Ha and he really was. The smile he had when he came out of the water was awesome. We are going to get him a preach my gospel in Mongolian to help him learn more of the doctrine and stuff, and I think he is starting an English next week so that will be good for him. There was also another Mongolian lady that came to his baptism who had no idea what the church was, so we are teaching her this Friday at Mandakhs house:) She can speak some English thank goodness!!
         Oh yea and the reason that I didn't email yesterday was because I was at the temple. We went with this recently activated couple who wanted to go. It was so cool!! The Nauvoo temple is great!! Ha the new movie was actually pretty sweet too. But yea the temple is way cool how it was re-modeled after the first one. We also did baptisms and confirmations with the couple that brought us, because she had a few names with her. They really enjoyed it. They went from less-active to way strong members. They are always asking us what they can do to help us. They are willing to do anything ha.
                 Yea I can see why Uncle Dirk loved it here. Its a great place and the people are pretty friendly most of the time. I'm loving it here!! The visa thing keeps me on my toes but its the Lord's will and I don't think I had much patience back at home so this has strengthened me quite a bit. I love you guys!!!! Have an awesome week.
Love Elder Polatis
Our couple that took us to the Temple

Our Baptism--Ohmandahk

Our district

Our district--special

No comments:

Post a Comment