Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My new "training" mission

Buna Frumosilor! 
How is everyone doing? You all sound great! I love hearing from all of you! :) Thanks for all the pictures and letters! I cant believe that it is September! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIN on the 18th:) if I am remembering right! I love you so much! 
Well to start off leaving Constanta was a little rough for me. Saying goodbye to Alina, We gave her a journal and some colored pencils to study her scriptures- We also put a pic of us on the front cover and she loved it!  She made us friendship bracelets to wear- She then took us shopping at this China Mall that I had no idea existed it was so much fun! basically a dollar store:) I loved it! I told Ritta and Petre I would still keep in contact with them so it will be great! ha We made sure that everything was perfect when we left Constanta! Those next two sisters are very lucky to be in that place:) ha But it is left in good hands:) 
President wrote me this week:
Dear Sora Polatis,

There is never a good time to transfer a hard-working, successful missionary. They always have something--usually many somethings--going on!! You will be wonderful as a sister training leader. And you'll really enjoy working with Sora Lund. What a great work you will do!

Thanks so much for your help in training our wonderful sisters!

Much love and appreciation,

President Hill
1- I love President Hill and I am so thankful to be back in Mihai Bravu!! First off transfer day was a lot of fun! Being white washed out of a placed and then white washed in calls for a lot of Taxis and a lot baggage. But it was fun! I got split off with Sora Kelly for a big part of the day and that was really fun for both of us! It is really fun to meet at transfers it is like a reenergizer to see all the missionaries doing the same thing that I am doing! 
2- On Thursday we had our Sister Training Leader Meeting at President Hill house. All the zone leaders, assistants, and us sisters. They fed us this big breakfast and lunch- then we really talked about the needs of the mission. I love how President Hill really cares about us and wants the best for us. We are adding some new key indicators "finding hours" and "books of Mormon given out" We are a finding mission so we need to get some "credit" for what we are putting our time into! I am really excited for this! 
3- BEST THING:) They redivided the cities for us sisters to go to. I know that maybe Dad likes to google earth the cities I am going to-- So they are now- ARAD, IASI, CONSTANTA, CHISINAU (MOLDVOVA), AND SIBIU! ha I know that to all of you guys those cities are just random names but honestly somehow Sora Lund and I got the BEST cities in the mission. I can't wait!! :) Seriously I am going the most north, south, east, and west I can possibly go in this country! :) We start off our adventures in Moldova and Iast next week. We will leave Sunday night and not get back to Buc until Thursday morning at probably 6:00 am. ha so it will be quite the adventure. 
4- ** Due to the fact that I will be in Moldova next P-day I dont know if I am going to be writing or not.. so don't fret if it is on a different day.. possibly the next Thursday?? I have no idea.. but Dont worry about me:) Hearing no news about me is good news. I will be very careful and make sure I ride the first class sleeper trains:) Still write me though ha just in case! 
5- My District is amazing!! I have the best Elders ever! I love Sora Lund- She is the happiest person I have ever met. She loves life and the mission so we just feed off of each other and love it all! She wants to make movie "the district: romanian style" So we are always taking videos and fun pictures so this transfer will be very well documented! And to explain the pictures of us eating all of that random stuff... At the first of our district meeting- Elder Knapp was like "Would you guys rather eat this romanian stuff called crap or pickled herring?" I just randomly thought that I guess I would eat the pickled herring. So after district meeting he goes to the fridge and brings out the random food and made us all eat it! I guess the main message was that we need to keep our word! ha So funny- of course we have videos off all of this so when I get home.. you will get to see it.. I was dying.. I had to like pick the spine out of my fish! 
6- Fun to be back to mihai Bravu - everyone remembered me because I am the Sister Missionary that can play the piano so it was really fun! -Thanks again grandma rounds:) 

So everything is going great! I can't believe that I hit my 10th month mark soon! Time is going by so fast- This transfer is going to go even faster because every week after this week I will be traveling to a different city for a couple of days! ha and then still trying to cover my area here in Buc! It will be great! Keep the Faith.  I love you!! 
cu mare mare drag,
Sora Abby Polatis 



Sister Kelly, Elder Hollist and me in Old Town Bucharest

Nasty Pickled fish!!

They really do eat "crap" here!

I will do this

My new district--street contacting

My district at church

Me and Sister Lund being "happy"

No comments:

Post a Comment