Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Heyyyyy family!!!
         It sounds like the family has been getting together more often lately. Sounds like fun. Is it starting to get cold yet? We had a heat wave for the last couple of weeks. It was atleast 95 everyday!! Now it is starting to cool down thank goodness.
            Well we got our new companion. Straight out of the MTC:) His name is Elder Ragozzine. Sounds exactly like magazine. He's a pretty cool kid. I think he was taken care of pretty well back at home because I went and bought me some milk the other day and he thought it was for everyone I guess haha. I was like, I don't think I can afford to feed you. He is a pretty big boy. Its kind of nice though because Elder Winchester is training him and so while he is doing that I can just focus on Portuguese. I have almost read half of the Book of Mormon in Portuguese and have picked up quite a bit. I definitely cant speak it yet but I can understand it fairly well. This week we did quite a bit of service. This less-active lady called us and said that her husband who isn't a member needs some help moving and she said that maybe it will soften his heart so we can teach him because she said that she needs to come back to church. He also got surgery on his shoulder so he couldn't do much so we had to do everything. It took up most of the day. We did take a break to go teach our new Mongolian investigator:) Ha she is pretty sweet. It was definitely some different teaching because she didn't even really know who God was so it was very basic. She can speak some pretty good English though so I think that most things will get through to her.
             On Sunday there was this random black dude that showed up to church. I guess the sisters invited him and he just showed up. It was pretty sweet. He was from Tanzania and seemed like he liked it. We got his phone # and he said that he would probably be there next week. The three families we are working with are really struggling with getting to church!!!! I even called them the night before and got them a ride from a member and then the next day they just cancel or come up with some excuse. Its pretty frustrating sometimes. The spirit seeing lady said that she knows she will be baptized just doesn't know when. We went over and saw her family and I guess her husband and everyone is coming to church next week so that will be awesome. I think she just likes it so much because nobody judges her for the weird things she does ha. Thank goodness we don't have judgmental people in our ward.
              We are now in a car share with some Elders that just opened up a new area. So we have to give the car up in a couple days. That is going to stink. I'm just going to be soaked the whole day ha. It'll be good for the new companion though. We do have a really young district. I think that I am the 3rd oldest out of the 9 Elders and sisters we have. So we have a lot of enthusiasm which is great. Haha the other Elders that are in a trio were telling me that their trainee wanted to skip P-day?? Ha he is ready to work!!!
              Has school started yet? It should be pretty close I'm guessing. But I'm glad to be out here. It definitely has changed my point of view on life and helped me realize what my purpose is here on Earth. Thanks for all the love and support. It would be a lot harder if I didn't have that. Love You!! Have a great week. Love, Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment