Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hiii my Wonderful Family,
         Well this week has been a hot one. We are back into a car share so this week was our week off from the car, and man has it been hot! Today is was up to 100 degrees with a lot of humidity! We have been riding bikes quite a bit. I just get drenched with sweat all the time. Found this Brazilian couple too:) They weren't too interested and said that they were catholics and that they couldn't speak English, so I started speaking a little Portuguese with them and asked them if I could just come over and practice teaching them in Portuguese. They were headed back to Brazil for a couple of weeks but they said that we could come  back when they were home:) I'm excited to start teaching again in Portuguese. Its been a long time!!'
          So finding people has been pretty dry lately. We'll for sure keep at it this week and hopefully find some prepared people. We did have 5 investigators at church which is sweet. The one spirit seeing lady brought her whole family:) They all seemed to like it a lot. Now we just need to teach them more!!! Ha its pretty frustrating. They are doing the opposite of what most people do. Most people listen to you but never seem to make it to church. So its different. It is definitely a different way of teaching also because she says she always is getting told things by spirits.... Kind of reminds me of Pauls experience in Acts. Sooooo who knows. There is another black family that is on date to get baptized on the 28th but they didn't make it to church again yesterday so now they have to come the next couple of times. The mother just never answers her phone on Sunday. I even went on splits with a member to go and get them and they would not answer or anything. Stinking padlocks on the outside of apartment buildings. I was yelling for one of the kids to come out but no response. Hopefully next week!
           Elder Gay of the seventy is coming to our mission this Thursday to take a tour of the mission. So I get the opportunity to listen to him for a big chunk of the day. Oh yea and this one member put on this activity called "meat and guns" a couple of days ago so we went out there with this less-active guy. He is really big into guns. I wanted to shoot so bad ha. But he showed up to church the next day which was awesome because I don't think that he had come to church for quite a while.
           I think that is about it for last week. We have a ward activity coming up this Friday that we want to get a lot of people too so we will just invite everyone to that.  Tell everybody thanks for checking on me. The visa is a crazy deal. Its weird to think that I still have to leave and get back on an airplane to some where else. I love you all so much and hope everything is going well. I'll be sure to me more careful.  Love YOU!!!! Love Elder Polatis

No comments:

Post a Comment