Tuesday, September 10, 2013


 Transfers are this week. So wish me luck! We have made our predictions of me leaving but we never really know. Maybe I will be just in the Bacolod 5th ward mission, you never know!! HAHA I will let you know next week what happens.
Had a really different week. Just when I get comfortable that is when everything changes! I knew better than to get adjusted, and all we did was move houses! Monday our sister training leaders came and stayed with us. Oh my gosh! They are awesome. Sister Portugal and Sister Mcgiver. They didn't work with us but after they needed to sleep at our house, well we were getting the mattresses from the upstairs and I actually slipped (yes, i am super accident prone here) But it started a bright idea of mattress surfing, well, one thing led to another and we ended up finding a plastic bag, hahaha oh my gosh. So much fun. We are lucky we didn't die. Or break something that would be hard to explain to President! HAHA But Tuesday, we get a call saying that we are moving houses. They moved us into our area. We were so sad to leave Sister Vargus and Sister Becerra. But all is well. We have a super weird water system, it looks like something Uncle Joe would do. HA caulk and PVC pipe everywhere and you have to turn things just right or else it wont work. HA Its more fun in the Philippines. Not too bad tho. Really that is the only weird thing. The apartment is really nice and it is just us 2 for now but I think that next transfer we will get another set of sisters living with us. But funny story, we were teaching and we had our little Recent Convert Marjoe in our lesson but we were teaching the Word Of Wisdom. Well we get to the part about smoking, and this kid. He is a champ. I love him to death. But we start talking about why we shouldn't smoke and what not but he goes "Ya, go ahead and smoke, if you want to die, because that is what will happen." Oh my gosh. I lost it! Just bust out laughing and was like, BOLD yes, that is how it is done!! BE BOLD!! Cute gd kaayo!! We had a dinner appointment with the Javelona family. So much fun! She has 13 kids total. They are all pretty solid. They just had one come home from his mission last week and 2 will leave for their missions this week. So it was exciting. They spoke on Sunday and I looked at Sister Javelona, she was teary and it made me teary too. I kept thinking of you mom!! All teary and what not! But all is well. :)Wednesday we had our Zone training. We learned a lot about repentance and how it is a spiritual thing. A lot of people look at it as negative but if you are repenting it is showing that you want to be better. If you are repenting only because you got caught doing something than it is wrong and you need to repent. haha Just repent OK!! That is what I took from it. We got a new zone leader, He went to BYU-I before his mission and he kept telling me that he has seen me somewhere, really I think he saw Abby, so he might be confused. But he is funny. Really nice. The rest of the week was just missionary work. (DUH) We went out and we just had goals to continue to find through our recent converts. We want to make sure that they are strong.To make friends and to continue to strengthen their testimonies. So we did a lot of RC visits. On our way out of an area, we ran into this little punk. Ha he a couple weeks ago followed us around asking us for a Book of Mormon and telling us he wanted to come to church. Well we gave him one and so every time we passed he would say that he was reading and that he was coming to church, well this time I asked if he had read and where he was He responds "I am on page 100" So my response was "What did you like?" he goes page 99, because it is talking about Joseph Smith and the Mormons. HAHA little punk straight up lies to me haha I started laughing and told him he should start again. He was confused but we just walked away. Love the little laughs throughout the week. It has been crazy hot here. I kind of like it! I got some rosy cheeks the other day and I felt like I was back in STG chilling at the pool, except...........NOT! 
The work is going great. Everyday I feel my language get a little bit better. I had a moment last week where the conversation was just flowing, I LOVED IT!! I liked that I didnt really have to think about it. It just came. Not to say that it happens all the time, But Amat, Amat it is coming right along. This work is amazing. I love it. Hard, but seriously rewarding. The Lord really is watching over us. He wants the best for us and as long as we are faithful to the commandments he will be there to guide us. Love you all! I hope you all have a good week. If I remember right, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIN!!! Wish I was there to celebrate with you! Thanks for being a part of our family..  Yes mom, we do our best to keep all the rules and really safety is stressed here, BIG TIME! So having the spirit is so so so important! . But Palangga ko kamo!!! MWAH!! Be good!! 
Love Sis S. Polatis

mattress surfing

this means "pretty"

my zone!!

my new apartment

the Javelona Family!!  Love them

my favorite fruit- Rambulton

water system--complicated

how to take a shower and in what order!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment