Monday, September 30, 2013

ola minha familia, Tudo bem??
         Sheesh it seems like I just wrote you all a couple of days ago, time just goes by too fast! I'm waaaayyyy excited for conference!!!!:) I cant believe that this is already my second conference in the mission! I hope all of you are ready for a great spiritual experience and have your notebooks out ready to take notes. Its so great being able to go back and really ponder about what the general authorities say. I love it!! So Rigby is winning football games???????????? Wow that is some news to my ears. 
         So this week has had some ups and downs. We'll start with the downs. So the 11 year old black kid was supposed to be baptized this Saturday right, and he wanted me to baptized him, so I was pretty excited because I hadn't baptized anybody yet. But like 6 hours before his baptism we got a text that said he changed his mind. I guess he talked to his dad and his dad told him that he needs to know more before he just joins a church. It stunk. I mean he passed the interview and was ready to go. We even got him a white shirt and tie darn it!!! So we went over to his apartment that day and talked to him and his mom about it. He said that he just wanted more time, and then his mom said that it would be cool if they could get baptized together which of course we thought was great, so we set another date for the 2nd of November for him and his mom. I think it is also a good thing that he didn't get baptized yet because he didn't even make it to church yesterday so he probably does need to come a little bit more to get more comfortable. On the bright side we set a date with the Dillon Family for October 12th! The dad is totally supportive but he is not ready yet. So it will be the mom and the 2 out of the 3 kids ( the other one will be baptized next year when he turns 8) Its really exciting to see the change that has taken place in her life. The kids are loving church and the mom says that she can't not go. We gave her a blessing last time of comfort and she said that she hasn't had any problems with seeing dark things since that. I love hearing that, because it just adds to my testimony that the Priesthood is real! So they are set for that date! We showed them the baptismal font yesterday and she was a little nervous of being in front of people but its not a big deal, she wants it bad enough. They also have been feeding us every time we go over there so that is another great plus to that! We will keep working with the father and hopefully get him to really gain that desire to believe and plant that seed in his heart.
      Another exciting thing happened last night. We drove past the Portuguese couples house and saw that the lights were on so we decided to stop by. The wife answered the door and of course told me that she couldn't speak English and that her husband was gone who could speak some English. Haha so of course I start speaking some Portuguese with her and told her that I only had 6 weeks training in the MTC. She said I spoke really well. Bom Bom!!:) Haha she was extremely nice, it was tough though that's for sure. I pulled out a livro de Mormon and told her all about it, and then she went and got her bible. I gave her a few scriptures to look up, and I could tell that she doesn't read it that much because she had no idea where any of the books were at, but basically I showed her John 10:16 and then I went to 3rd nephi 15 and showed her os outros ovelhas ( other sheep) Ha it was sweet!!! She took the Book of Mormon and said that she would read some of it, and I told her that next time I would bring a member that can speak the language better. Hopefully this week we can get back there and explain things a little better, really cool though!!
            This week is also transfer calls again... I think I will be happy either way because if I do get my visa I get to go to brazil, but if I don't I will get to see all these baptisms that we have coming up. Pretty exciting time! I think I have it.... my companion just showed me that my money hadn't been put on his card again. Hmm could just be a mistake though so don't be getting dads hopes up just yet haha. The mission is a million times better than the military. I would never trade my mission for that. It's so fun getting to meet all different kinds of people and bringing joy into their lives. This is also the best place to build a sure foundation on Christ and to get that testimony that we need in these latter days. Thanks for all the love and support!!! You are the best family I could ask for. Love you!!!! Have a great week!
Love Elder Polatis
Caught in the RAIN!!  Drenched!!

No comments:

Post a Comment